Manager Business Development
|AberdeenLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: MO-082323|
|Maersk Oil UK are currently looking for a Manager Business Development to manage the identification, evaluation, recommendation and capture of value accretive asset acquisition and disposal activities to high grade and grow the Maersk Oil North Sea exploration and production portfolio.|
|Maersk Oil UK is part of Maersk Oil, a top 30 independent oil and gas company.|
We can offer you an exciting and rewarding career in a technically challenging and stimulating environment, with a focus on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to operate safely and efficiently.
Working in a multi-disciplined collaborative environment, you can make a significant contribution to the development and growth of our organisation whilst developing and broadening your career horizons.
We offer a competitive salary and package within a supportive and values-driven working environment.
|Identify and propose to senior management the business case for the pursuit of strategic growth opportunities and portfolio rationalisation|
• Manage multi-disciplined teams through screening, evaluation, offer, negotiation and transaction execution
• Maintain a strong business network with investment banks, brokers, and peer group companies to gain a superior knowledge of M&A market activity and ensure access to strategic growth opportunities;
• Contribute to the development of the regional growth strategy and the business development elements of UK Business Plan;
• Provide transactional support to UK New Ventures team
• Comply with corporate business development process and proactively identify and agree with corporate process owner the necessary process improvements and implementation
|Who we are looking for|
|Educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Geology, Engineering, Economics, Finance, etc.)|
• Excellent knowledge of the UK oil and gas M&A market, auction process, activity, and key stakeholders Track record of participation in successful A&D transactions, in particular in the UKCS
• Creativity and enthusiasm to identify and promote new growth opportunities
• Strong analytical ability and understanding of asset and corporate valuations, and the capacity to deal with large volumes of information
• Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Commitment to share knowledge and engage others in the use and value of Competitive Intelligence
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|