Deputy Head of Qatarisation
|DohaLocalHuman Resources||Ref.: MO-079108|
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently recuiting for a Deputy Head of Qatarisation. This position will provide an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to have a positive impact on helping our Qatari colleagues to realise their full potential as well as encouraging other talented Qatari candidates to 'find their place' at Maersk Oil. |
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
|The main purpose of the role is to support Head of Qatarisation in the execution of the MOQ Qatarisation Strategy and Deputize in his absence in the followin areas:|
1. Qatarization • Act as the integrator between the MOQ Qatarisation team, HR and wider business.
• Drive forward the Development of MOQ and Departmental Qatarisation plans to ensure that the Company complies with labor regulations and achieves its Qatarization targets;
• Drives the Qatarization process by liaising with the Recruitment section to ensure Qatari candidates are being sourced in accordance with Departmental Plans.
• Interacts with Line Departments to ensure that Qatari employees are provided learning opportunities
• Assists non-Qatari managers and staff to understand local culture, values, and ethics through discussions and orientation activities as this helps in understanding and managing expectations of Qatari employees
• Coordinat and support with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives in conjunction with Qatarization
2. Employee Relations • Provides guidance and assistance to Qatari employees, as required, to assist them in functioning well within the Company and maintaining high levels of motivation to perform
3. Career Counseling • Develop capability across the Qatarisation Team enabling them to provide career counseling for Qatari employees where necessary.
• Support Head of Qatarisation in the development of an internal brand image for Qataris.
4. QP & External Coordination • Participates in meetings and committees to represent Maersk Oil Qatar, for Qatarization/localization matters; these events may be QP sponsored and/or local and regional Oil & Gas industry sponsored events;
• Support the preparation and delivery of mid-year and annual Qatarisation reports to QP;
Co- lead on company interface on educational initiatives such as internships, sponsorships and scholarships with universities and high schools
• Participates in Media and Public Relations initiatives of MOQ to support the company’s brand development efforts in the local and regional market as well as Qatarization;
5. Budget • Provides inputs during the company’s annual budgeting process to ensure enough funds are allocated for Qatarization activities;
• Ensures appropriate utilization of allocated budget for activities such as participation in career fairs and education;
6. People Management • In the absence of Head of Qatarisation:
• manages direct reports and encourages them to develop HR skills
• Establishes performance contracts and conducts Performance Appraisal of direct reports;
• Provides guidance and support to direct reports; mentors high potential staff and helps create a learning environment;
• Manages direct reports’ leaves and other benefits, in line with the company’s established HR policy;
• Participates in the recruitment and selection of candidates for vacancies in the Qatarization section of the HR department
|Who we are looking for|
|• Management/Leadership experience. Self directed and the ability to guide and influence others toward a vision.|
• Proven ability to take a plan from concept to execution.
• Proven ability to develop and foster relationships of trust and respect
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Knowledge of local and regional best practices in Qatarization and localization
• Knowledge of QP’s Qatarization programs
• Knowledge of Training & Development programs that could be utilized to support that Company’s Qatarization efforts
• Bachelors Degree from a recognized University
• Minimum of 10 years working experience
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a Qatarisation Program in Qatar or other localization programs, preferably in an Oil & Gas Company. Experience in Human Resources and Community Relations a plus.
|>||Last application date: 25 July 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|