Head of Integrity and Reliability
|AktauLocal/InternationalOil Operations/Production||Ref.: MO-077131|
|Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH is looking for Head of Integrity and Reliability to join our Operations Department based in Aktau, Kazakhstan.|
|MOK offers a strong technical, as well as challenging environment that provides an excellent opportunity to take part in growing the Business Unit and maximising asset potential. MOK is currently executing Dunga Phase-II, which is a billion dollar and 198 well programme. MOK is pursuing future growth with Dunga Phase-III and exploration wells. |
As part of the Maersk Oil global Integrity and Reliability effort, you will lead operational improvement initiatives in MOK and will directly support the Business Unit’s functions to develop their performance and operational capabilities to the highest in the industry while displaying a role model towards safe & reliable operations.
You will have direct personal impact on Maersk Oil Kazakhstan operations as well as high exposure to Maersk Oil Kazakhstan Leadership Team and Maersk Corporate Operations Team.
You will report to Head of Operations Department and supervise Head of Mechanical Section, Head of Electrical Section, Maintenance Excellence Lead, Maintenance expediter.
|Strategic Planning & Direction:|
• Contribute to the strategy development and implementation for Operations Department
• Work with direct reports to establish medium to short term priorities, targets and activity plans in line with MOK policies and guidelines; ensure their successful execution
• Identify opportunities and champion initiatives that enables maximum production output within the parameters of environmental compliance and process safety
• Provide Operations Director, with regular management reports with analysis and comment on functional performance and results
• To provide input for MOK business plan arising out of plant maintenance and inspection activities.
• Develop and manage annual Maintenance and Inspection budget
• Provide input into the development of annual Maintenance and Inspection budget for the Operations Department and ensure its implementation
• Analyze cash flow, cost controls and expenses within own function towards optimum utilization of company’s resources in own section; question variances between actual expenditure and budget
• Conduct financial prudence in all decisions; approve operational expenses within level of authority
Health, Safety & Environment:
• Drive an incident free environment through establishing and maintaining a strong safety culture
• To ensure the implementation of Maersk Health, Safety and Environment Plan and to also promote awareness among all staff.
• Develop, update and monitor safe work processes, procedures and guidelines to ensure process safety, operational safety and plant integrity
• Ensure compliance to health, safety (process & occupational) and environmental excellence procedures and controls for activities under area of responsibility to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude
• Consolidate and provide reports to Operations Director, on health, safety and environmental issues related to area of work; take corrective action wherever necessary
• Ensure cascading and achievement of Department KPI’s
• Lead the development of long term process and procedural improvements
• Enable compliance with contractor management procedures and best practice.
• Enable and ensure development of constructive collaboration with field maintenance.
• To generate a 'one team' culture with field operations ensuring effective delivery of services to the end user, enabling the assets to meet company performance targets.
• Plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the department to provide cost effective maintenance of all the field equipment.
• To supervise the planning and assignment of materials, spares and manpower to meet maintenance schedules.
• To introduce reliability based maintenance approach striving to become best in class.
• To ensure proper planning and efficient use of resources including the Maintenance Management System, Computerized Maintenance Management System, SAP, as well as any other management systems in place.
• Ensure efficient planning and coordination of field activities including to minimize production disruptions and ensure maximum value is extracted from any downtime opportunities
• To initiate/ propose new procedures and processes, based on plant operational requirements for enhancement and improvement of methodology towards best in class.
• To ensure that the procedures, work instructions and drawings are properly followed and adhered to, and provide input for updating of technical documents.
• Ensure technical investigations, Root Cause Analysis, and trouble-shooting to identify faults and causes of breakdowns/trips.
• Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports in the execution of their responsibilities; encourage innovative thinking around process safety, work processes and production optimization
• Mentor high potential staff and ensure all direct reports have the right training and competences to carry out their duties in line with MOK’s Competency Assurance Program (CAP) and Training Matrix
• Ensure a core team of employees which supports the objectives of the Companies goal including its MITAS program
• Ensure proper target setting and staff performance appraisal against assigned targets in line with the MOK’s performance management guidelines
• Uphold and role-model MOK’s core values and leadership behaviors
• Facilitate daily communication and coordination between Field-and office businesses pertaining to key business matters and sharing of knowledge and experience
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with external parties required to meet MOK’s business and operational objectives
• Represent MOK vis-à-vis external stakeholders in areas of operational importance
• Involvement in cross functional business collaboration required to optimize processes.
• Maintain efficient relationship with functional discipline area in corporate operation.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Strong leadership skills in a multi-cultural and highly technical specialized environment|
• Ability to design, set, and implement operational objectives
• Result driven approach and attitude
• Thorough understanding and application of industry process safety guidelines and procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree (or relevant industry experience) in Engineering preferred or discipline specific qualification
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the petrochemical, refining, oil / gas exploration and/or production industries leading a similar role with at least 5 years in a managerial role
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH is owned by Maersk Olie og Gas AS, Denmark, a company in the A.P. Moller Maersk Group. Maersk Olie og Gas AS is an international upstream oil company, with extensive operations in Denmark, Germany, Qatar, UK, Norway, Angola, Algeria, Brazil, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan and US Gulf of Mexico. Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH operates the Dunga Field in Mangistau Oblast. For further information about the A. P. Moller – Maersk Group and Maersk Oil see www.maersk.com and www.maerskoil.com|
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|