Senior Contracts Engineer - Contract
|TXLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: MO-074773|
|The Chissonga development is a greenfield mega capital project, located approximately 130KM offshore Angola. The Chissonga area is complex, both stratigraphically and structurally, with a high likelihood of compartmentalization.|
The development concept provides primarily for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning of a Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel, a Tension Leg Drilling Platform (TLWP) and a Gas Export Pipeline (GEP). The execution of these projects will be through the tendering and award of Lump Sum EPCI contracts to international contractors and the subsequent management of the contractors’ execution of the projects through to completion.
This position represents an exciting opportunity to participate in a major offshore, deep-water field development at the start of its life cycle at the operator level.
|To provide contracting and procurement services and direction as an integral part of the Chissonga team, at all times ensuring that the governance requirements of Maersk Oil, its partners and the license issuer are met and the integrity of processes is upheld. |
|• Coordinate pre-qualification / due diligence activities. |
• Manage / Coordinate Invitation To Tender (ITT) package development for major EPCI packages
• Develop commercial evaluation models ensuring objective, quantifiable and transparent evaluations in compliance with the requirements of the ITT.
• Advise the technical team in formulating the Technical Evaluation models in compliance with the ITT and the procurement process requirements.
• Manage issuance of ITT through ARIBA platform.
• Manage ITT addenda process
• Coordinate receipt of bids and distribution to necessary parties, including the existence of firewalls as necessary to support confidentiality requirements.
• Coordinate multiple internal stakeholders in resolving complex tender clarifications, queries and exceptions.
• Manage revision processes to ensure that the in preparation contract documents reflect resolution of clarifications, incorporate changes, and at all times ensure that most recent revisions to exhibits / scopes of work are appropriately updated, stored and protected.
• Ensure commercial, contractual and technical evaluations are completed in accordance with tender evaluation plans.
• Preparation of contract Recommendations to Award in coordination with the Delivery Manager.
• Manage review processes of draft contract, securing necessary approvals.
• Ensure award approval is in compliance with the governance structures of Company, Partners and Concessionaire.
• Participate in the project Management of Change process, contractual disputes, claims and settlements from a commercial perspective.
• Active participation, promotion, and development of the Company’s Incident Free goal
|Who we are looking for|
|• 20 years + Oil & Gas experience including a minimum of ten years in a similar role.|
• At least ten years’ experience must be with an oilfield operator / International Oil Company (IOC).
• Good knowledge of tendering major CAPEX scopes in offshore Oil and Gas Projects.
• Detailed commercial analysis of bids for the provision of complex services across multiple locations, including Far East Asia, USA and Angola
• Knowledge of West Africa Oil & Gas activities and with the operations of National Oil Companies (NOCs).
• Experience in the pre-sanction phase of Oil & Gas projects.
• Familiarity with procurement systems (SAP / Ariba / contract management systems).
• Demonstrate a result-oriented performance drive in a proactive team player manner.
• Excellent written (contractual writing) and oral communication skills.
• Respond to commercial queries with clarity.
• Team player, can accept clear direction when provided.
• The ideal candidate will have the potential to work well under pressure and multi-task, with good organization and planning skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Quantity Surveying, and/or business with a good level of understanding of contracting tools and techniques.
|>||Last application date: 20 May 2016.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|