Projects: Deputy HSSEQ Manager
|This Project HSSEQ Team opportunity is calling for highly experienced and motivated Project HSSEQ Manager as Deputy to the Head of Project HSSEQ, with a strong background in a Greenfield and Brownfield “Upstream” Oil & Gas Project environment, and in developing the role and the Integrated Project Team, through the DEFINE (FEED), EXECUTE and SUPPORT & CLOSE-OUT Stages of a major Field Development Plan.|
There are three ‘key’ elements to this role, which incumbent shall be fully conversant with and deliver on according to the scope and deliverable requirements of each of the identified ‘Key’ Stakeholders (Internal or External), namely; Governance, Services and Monitoring, and as they relate to; Health & Safety, Security, Environment and Quality. Leading the capability development of all, planning, collaboration, integration and training requirements required to deliver top quartile HSSEQ performance on a Project of this scale and complexity.
The incumbent will be a ‘visible presence’ and ‘drive’ the; MO Safety Culture – ‘Incident Free’ and ‘Process Safety’ requirements through every part of the Project, including Contractors and 3rd Parties.
The incumbent shall further ‘drive’ the processes associated with achieving ‘Top Quartile Project Delivery’ in respect of ‘Quality’ performance through all stages of the Project, with particular emphasis on the; FEED, design, procurement, fabrication, construction, installation and hook-up & commissioning phases of the project, including scope being executed by Contractors and 3rd Parties.
The incumbent shall deliver these responsibilities in line with the Maersk Core Values, the Maersk Oil Global HSE model and applicable Maersk Oil (MO) and Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) standards and procedures, including the development of a Project specific HSSEQ management system, and supporting procedures guidelines and processes.
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenging careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|The Deputy HSSEQ Manager in collaboration with the Head of Project HSSEQ shall ensure that the HSE Policy is communicated to all employees, Contractors and 3rd parties, and shall:|
• be responsible for ensuring development, management and implementation of the Project HSSEQ Management System throughout all the Project stages and phases, and through to System and Facility hand-over to each of the operational teams, per Location, of the Al Shaheen Field (Asset);
• initially be focused around establishing and delivering project specific standards, workflows and systems which are in strict accordance with MO Global and Local Management Systems, specifically ‘Incident Free’, MO HSSEQ Standards, ALARP concept, applicable Local Legislation, International Standards and any additional specific items identified by the Project Stakeholders (Internal & External), and the Project governance structure;
• include in their responsibilities the set-up and development of the Project HSSEQ team, through all stages of the Project and international locations delivering Project scope. This also includes working closely with both the Project Head of HSSEQ and Head of HSSEQ (BU) to ensure alignment with project requirements and to address any development, competence and planning challenges;
• liaise and ensure alignment with the Head of Project HSSEQ, Head of HSSEQ (BU) and Corporate HSSEQ on matters such as: Global & Local standards and capturing best practices; monitoring and analysing performance; auditing for compliance and effectiveness; optimising business processes; developing management systems;
• include monitoring and continuous improvement process including working proactively with and/or in the vendor and contractor pre-qualification and qualification process, in particular, the rigorous assessment of their HSSEQ Management Systems and;
• Act as deputy to the Head of Project HSSEQ, and ensure total alignment on roles and responsibilities.
|Who we are looking for|
|• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (or a relevant other discipline) and preferably a post-graduate HSSEQ qualification;|
• Minimum 20 years relevant HSSEQ experience (post-graduation) in Oil & Gas with emphasis on 'Upstream' offshore Greenfield and Brownfield development projects;
• Plus a minimum 5 years in a similar position on a major Upstream Oil & Gas project.
• Incumbent should be an experienced HSSEQ professional with 20 plus years of experience working on similar ‘Upstream’ offshore Oil & Gas Projects;
• Incumbent must have experience in and committed to ‘our safety culture – Incident free’ or other similar safety culture initiatives within an oil and gas environment;
• Previous experience of leading integrated HSSEQ teams for Offshore Oil & Gas Projects, ideally across different geographical locations;
• Must have extensive experience in Contractor Management from a HSSEQ perspective, including set-up and evaluation of contractors during ITT pre-qualification for FEED and EPIC Contracts;
• Must have extensive experience in planning, co-ordinating and reporting on activities related to multiple-international site locations from a HSSEQ perspective;
• Must have strong experience in delivering a strong HSE culture during all stages of a Project, both Onshore and Offshore, and at Contractor work sites;
• Must have a strong understanding of Quality Management (QA/QC) systems, more from a Structure, Governance and Compliance perspective;
• Must have extensive experience in “Incident Investigation”, and preferable trained in Kelvin TOP-SET (minimum 3-day Senior Investigator);
• ‘Out of Function’ secondments or experience would be highly valued (e.g. to operations, drilling or projects), and/or in a Client, Operator, Contractor perspective.
• Incumbent should be able to understand, quantify and explain the impact of key uncertainties;
• Industry recognized expertise in HSSEQ Management Systems and tools in a relevant technical area, with ability to apply these tools as required;
• Relevant HSSEQ management courses, e.g. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, NEBOSH, etc.;
• Training as a Lead Auditor would be a distinct advantage.
• Highly motivational leadership style, results driven, personal drive, with the ability to organize and motivate people to achieve a common goal;
• Role requires excellent communication & networking skills. Incumbent should have proven ability to lead across boundaries and to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including partners and national regulatory authorities;
• Possess strong interpersonal skills, and the proven ability to lead others in a multi-national environment and work locations;
• Comfortable in an IPT: strong belief in collaboration and empowerment of teams and individuals;
• Be a mentor and role model by sharing knowledge and delivery of excellent HSSEQ best practices, and in the development of our talent;
• Incumbent shall be culturally aware, especially as this is a multicultural environment, and have proven development and mentoring skills of country nationals;
• Demonstrate ability to constructively challenge status quo and existing protocols;
• Long-term perspective / vision.
• Ability to make immediate prognosis in cases of complex matters and seek endorsement from seniors when required;
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
• Able to disseminate knowledge and expertise effectively;
• Fluent in both written and spoken English;
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite, in particular; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|