Projects: Lead Mechanical Engineer (Rotating Equipment)
|The Lead Mechanical Engineer (Rotating Equipment) will hold a commensurate amount of responsibility, within the defined decision space and direction from the Project Engineering Manager, and they will play a critical role towards the defined scope and deliverables during the Select/Define stages, for; Well Head, Process, Utility and Accommodation Platforms, Brownfield Tie-in’s, ITT Packages for FEED, and detailed engineering and procurement activities from a technical, quality and assurance perspective.|
Through application of engineering knowledge, relevant training and experience, the Lead Mechanical Engineer (Rotating Equipment) shall be responsible for the provision of quality engineering design, support, services and assurance to the integrated project team. By applying a common and consistent design approach and working collaboratively with the Maersk Oil Technical Authorities, so that all project deliverables are in compliance with the Maersk Oil Technical Standards (MOTS) and the Maersk Oil Design Engineering Standards (MODES), and if necessary by proposing use of international standards, for areas of the design that are not currently covered by our standards.
General Description includes mechanical design and analysis of an assigned scope of work relating to the Field Development Plan, including specific complex deliverables such as power generation systems, compression systems, other major rotating equipment (e.g. pumps for water injection, boosting and crude oil transfer), cranes, mechanical handling, and material selection. Work includes, among other things; conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, mechanical handling, material take-offs, design calculations, specification development and supervising vendor packages for equipment and mechanical systems.
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenging careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Through a Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Mechanical Engineer (Rotating Equipment) is responsible for, but not limited to: |
• Drive an incident free environment through establishing a strong safety culture within the Mechanical team;
• Establish Mechanical team priorities, targets and activity plans to support the Field Development Plan (FDP) objectives. Ensure direct reports are fully aligned and empowered to deliver;
• Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports in the execution of their responsibilities; encourage innovative thinking around process safety and production optimisation;
• Ensure proper target setting and performance appraisal of direct reports in line with Company procedures and guidelines;
• Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are designed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
• Supervise the work of other mechanical engineers on other packages/projects related to the field development plan;
• Performs mechanical engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of mechanical engineering issues and problems;
• Major contributor in the preparation and consistency of the following deliverable’s; ITT Packages, Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Project Schedule, Project Quality Plan, Functional System Specifications, Statement of Requirements, Equipment Data Sheets, Factory Acceptance Testing, Material Take-Off’s, Vendor Document Manuals, As-built Documents.
• Ensure compliance to health, safety (occupational & process) and environmental excellence procedures and controls for activities under area of responsibility to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude;
• Incorporate/address pertinent lessons learned from previous FDP’s and projects;
• Conduct financial prudence in all decisions;
• Assist in management and coordination of activities from a functional engineering perspective;
• Coordinate efforts of technical disciplines to assure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements;
• Assist in creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitors activities, progress, and milestones;
• Assist in creation and coordination of project man-hour and cost estimates and budgets, and monitors progress and performance against these;
• Prepares project procedures for performance of administrative, project, and design tasks in accordance with contractual obligations;
• Identify and evaluates issues/events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project quality, scope, cost, or schedule;
• Define, manage and/or coordinate project activities that are in compliance with the ‘final’ scope and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and planning are achieved with an ambition level of ‘execute with excellence’;
• Takes the lead on supplier interactions as well as fulfilling the needs (related to the field of expertise) for internal and external customers;
• Is accountable for providing Quality Assurance, design form manufacturability and sustainability, as well as process and product improvement to obtain optimum product quality, reliability, safety, and effectiveness;
• Evaluate and recommend pre-engineering and engineering concepts, designs and development for mechanical systems and plants associated with the Company's oil and gas production, pressure maintenance, transport and export;
• Ensures technical integrity and HSE requirements are met cost effectively throughout the development cycle;
• Provides expert/consultancy service to other engineers/users and approves designs for modifications and/or requests for mechanical engineering support;
• Mentor high potential staff and ensure direct reports have the right education, training and competencies to carry out their duties and help create a learning environment;
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Lead Mechanical (rotating) Engineer, with an accredited degree/bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chartered engineer status or equivalent professional affiliation, with experience in the definition and design of Greenfield Oil & Gas facilities (for Offshore) minimum;|
• 10 years of relevant oil and gas industry experience post-graduation, and
• 10-15 years’ experience on ITT package development, for FEED and detailed engineering phases on Mega Offshore Greenfield projects; Well Head, Process, Utility and Accommodation platforms, at least 5 years of which as Lead Mechanical Engineer specialized in major rotating equipment.
Excellent understanding of rotating equipment packages, and material selection aspects.
Is familiar with the codes and standards of ASME, API and ANSI, and is current on new scientific engineering methods.
Knowledge of construction, installation and Hook-up and Commissioning aspects for offshore facilities, and the critical integration requirements between Greenfield and Brownfield facilities (production platforms).
Able to effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
Strong communication, networking, collaboration and well developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
Highly competent interpersonal and influencing skills to tactfully and diplomatically manage ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty in a culturally diverse environment.
High awareness of ‘Incident Free’, ‘Process Safety’ and ‘Design Integrity’ in this challenging development environment.
High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, pre-commissioning, installation, hook-up and commissioning of and on oil & gas facilities.
Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written.
Fully conversant in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, Project, etc.).
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|