Contract Management Manager
|Maersk Drilling is looking for an experienced manager to build up the global contract management function in Singapore – a team of 3 dedicated contract managers – to start in April 2015. The team will play a central role in the new established Centre of Excellence – Supply Chain, Singapore.|
|This job provides an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to be exposed to exciting challenges and outstanding development opportunities within the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group.|
You will gain knowledge, operational skills as well as industry best practices.
Furthermore, you will work in a multi-cultural environment and engage with multiple internal and external stakeholders which will greatly enhance and further develop your skills.
|As a manager for a new established contract management team, you will play a vital role in establishing its footprint within Maersk Drilling and the global Group Procurement organization to ensure its success and continued growth and development.|
You will be responsible for handling the global freight, warehousing and inventory category yourself.
You will lead a team of dedicated contract managers. Your team will be responsible for a number of categories and contracts globally and for ensuring optimization from an overall supply chain and cost efficiency perspective. You will be responsible for supporting the team in defining the right category strategies as well as ensuring an optimized and uniform coverage across categories and locations. You and the team have to decide on categories to be supported; where to source, how to go to market, execute the strategy and implement accordingly.
You will be responsible for developing the right tool box to ensure all categories are handled in a uniform way.
Stakeholder management will be a crucial part of the job both towards Group Procurement, Maersk Drilling and suppliers. The exposure will be international and towards senior levels in the organization.
Some of your main responsibilities are:
- Manage the global freight, warehousing and inventory category; understand spent and cost drivers, develop TCO models, development of strategies, global alignment, negotiations and implementation of contract and strategies
- Define and implement a format for how to manage categories under your teams responsibility – it has to be done uniform across all locations
- Ensure usage of contracts through strong implementation
- Provide the needed sparring to team member to ensure development of their assigned categories
- Establish a Supplier Relationship Management framework/strategy with all major supplier under your areas of responsibility
- International stakeholder management; Maersk Drilling and Group Procurement as well as towards suppliers
- Manage, motivate and develop a team of experienced and motivated contract managers and support the team in achieving the targets given
|Who we are looking for|
|• Min. 5 years of experience from working within the field of procurement|
• In-depth knowledge of logistics and warehousing required
• Strong advantage if experience has been gained from one of the leading consultancy firms and/or from the off-shore industry holding a similar position
• A proven track-record of managing a team to high performance
• International mind-set and experience from working in an international environment
• Good communication, relationship and networking skills
• Strong drive to continue to improve areas of responsibility
• Proactive mind-set – little supervision needed
• Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Fluent in English – written and spoken
|>||Last application date: 15 May 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maersk.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.|