Projects: Head of Project Subsurface
|DohaLocal/ExpatReservoir/Petroleum Engineering||Ref.: MO-063912|
|Maersk Oil is looking for a Head of Project Subsurface who has responsibility for the leadership and delivery of all subsurface scope for a major development project. They will assist in meeting the performance objectives over the duration of the project, this includes for the successful definition and safe delivery of development wells (producers, injectors) and further appraisal wells.|
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|The role will be accountable for ensuring that the subsurface team is effectively managed to optimize project well delivery with technical support from the Asset and Technical Assurance from the Function as required. Additional duties but not limited to are;|
• Deliver ‘Wells Basis of Design’ documents for project development wells and appraisal wells
• Definition of data gathering programs for development and appraisal wells with input from GPD, Asset Teams and the Subsurface Function. Subsurface input to formation evaluation, coring, mud logging and well site geology tenders;
• Detailed well planning of all wells and sign off of prognosis documentation in conjunction with the drilling department;
• Subsurface support to well delivery including pressure conditioning plan and stimulation operations in conjunction with Asset and Function;
• Ensure relevant HSE Critical Activities are taken into account and associated risks will be mitigated or kept ALARP during drilling and completion.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Head of Project Subsurface who is an experienced E&P professional with 15 plus years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry as well as 4 years of well planning and operational experience, knowledge of geosteering methodologies.|
You will also possess a good knowledge of;
• You should be able to understand, quantify and explain the impact of key uncertainties. Good working knowledge of uncertainty analysis across static and dynamic mapping and modelling and how these are translated of these into different subsurface realisations.
• Reservoir engineering experience covering, appraisal, development and production issues, within clastic and carbonate formations.
• General understanding across all subsurface operational disciplines including Geoscience, RE, PP and PT;
• You will be comfortable and adept at managing complexity; the project is a highly complex Cat 1 project, with significant subsurface and wells challenges in the political, commercial, technical and operability arenas and their interfaces.
|>||Last application date: 03 May 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|