MITAS - Mechanical / Materials Engineering
|Are you about to graduate or have you recently graduated as a Mechanical or Materials Engineer? Do you see a great career path in oil & gas? Are you internationally minded? Excellent opportunity for technically focused and ambitious engineers to join Maersk Oil’s 2 year international graduate entry programme MITAS: Maersk Oil's International Technology & Science Programme, with a home base in Doha, Qatar. |
|We will challenge you! Through a two-year intensive training and working period you will acquire hands-on technical experience in the oil and gas industry. During the MITAS programme you will undertake three job rotations of eight months, in three different departments, in at least two of our international locations. You will be mentored and supervised by Senior Engineers and in-house experts. Each position will develop & challenge you and our international activities will provide excellent opportunities for working with colleagues from all over the world.|
The programme combines on the job training with technical courses and business skills development, all within the MITAS framework. Together with newly graduated engineers and geoscientists from other international Maersk business units you will participate in different courses such as:
• Innovation and Change Management
• Project Management
• Presentation Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Financial and Commercial Understanding
• Multicultural Understanding
You will be working in a dynamic as well as personally and professionally challenging environment, while being exposed to a broad field of assignments and projects in the oil and gas industry.
At the end of the programme you will return to a full-time position in your home base department.
Read more on the MITAS programme at: www.discovermitas.com
|In the execution of your work the MITAS mechanical / materials engineer shall: |
1.Comply with applicable safety instructions and other Company procedures, both onshore and offshore.
2.Ensure that in all matters safety, economical and technical assessments are made, due diligence is observed and initiative taken to secure the best economical results.
3. Ensure that all information, both written and spoken, obtained in the course of the work is handled with confidentiality.
4. Ensure that the work is carried out in a professional manner and in compliance with applicable contracts, Company policies, values and relevant laws and regulations.
5. Actively monitor work progress such that risks and problem areas are identified, reported and solutions identified.
6. Plan and execute assigned projects and tasks.
7. Bring forward suggestions for improvements in time and cost within the areas of responsibility.
8. Identify areas of technical innovation that can improve Company safety, profitability or reliability.
9. Undertake any other work and responsibilities as per separate instruction
|Who we are looking for|
|You are about to graduate or have recently graduated with a (Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.) within Mechanical Engineering or Materials Engineering / Science.|
You can demonstrate the following attributes:
• Strong technical focus and drive.
• Appreciate working independently in cross disciplinary and international teams.
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic & hard working.
• Willingness to learn, listen and ask questions.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
• Internationally minded.
• Willingness to adapt to different & challenging environments.
• Humble enough to appreciate that there is a lot to learn at the start of your career.
You can also demonstrate a strong desire to work in the Oil & Gas industry and have solid reasons for choosing Doha as a home base.
Start dates in January, May or September 2015 dependent on departmental needs and graduate availability.
|>||Last application date: 24 December 2014.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|