Offshore Installation Manager
|DohaLocal/ExpatDrilling Operations Offshore||Ref.: MO-058284|
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently developing and expanding the facilities in the Al Shaheen Field offshore Qatar. Due to this expansion we are recruiting for an Offshore Installation Manager.|
The Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) is a key member of the offshore leadership team and is responsible for the safe delivery of MOQ business priorities.
The OIM is the day to day leader of all activities on the installation and responsible for all activities within the installations 500 m safety zone.
The OIM shall lead the drive for Incident Free Operations and take on-scene command of any emergency situation which arises.
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
We offer competitive salaries.
The OIM position will be offered on a 28/28 rotational basis.
|• Ensure collaboration/alignment across platform departments, offshore and onshore functions.|
• Overall responsibility for safe and efficient operation of the offshore installation.
• Responsible for meeting the KPIs for the Installation.
• Promotion and communication of Operations Excellence within the offshore teams.
• Ensure compliance with collaborative working practices on the installation (incl. cross platform and with onshore departments) through use of Collaborative Working Environments (CWE).
• Ensure direct reports deliver Maintenance Excellence requirements.
• Ensure direct reports deliver production targets by optimizing production processes.
• Manage vendors and visitors in a prudent and efficient manner – report any breach of contract / agreements to relevant department onshore / OCM.
• Manage delivery of catering and camp services in compliance with contract terms.
• Approve FMPs and Notifications according to procedure.
• Promote an incident free environment through establishing and maintaining a strong safety culture
• Leader of Installation Emergency Response – responsible for responding to emergency situations in a structured and planned manner which minimizes risk to personnel and plant.
• Leader of the installation IFLT.
• Responsible for achieving the overall goal of ensuring that IF mindset and culture is embedded in the offshore operations.
• Ensure requirements in “Consent to Operate” are being met and adhered to by the installation.
• Responsible for leading and maintaining a systematic risk identification and management process on the installation.
• Perform internal audits of risk management systems as appropriate.
• Proactively engage in implementing and maintaining relevant SIMOPS, Procedures and Guidelines to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
• Responsible for all SIMOP operations are controlled and executed in a safe and efficient manner.
• Responsible for thoroughly and timely reporting and following up on incidents, ensuring that learnings are efficiently distributed across locations.
• Support a learning and continuous improving culture
• Continuously monitor efficiency and ensure an effective and well documented “handover” between shifts and during crew changes on the installation.
In addition to the above key responsibilities the successful candidate will also have responsibiliites for the planning and direction of the organisation, as well as people, financial and stakeholder management.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or international equivalent preferred, or discipline specific qualification with proven industry related track record|
• Minimum 10 years experience preferably in the petrochemical, refining, oil / gas exploration and/or production industries in a similar role with at least 6 years’ supervisory/operations management experience
• Proven leadership skills in a multi cultural and highly technical specialized environment
• Thorough understanding and application of industry process safety guidelines and procedures
• Ability to design, set, and implement operational objectives
• Highly motivated, flexible in approach and with a proactive mindset.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
|>||Last application date: 03 March 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|