Projects: Lead Piping Engineer
|The Lead Piping Engineer has a key role in the Facilities Engineering Team for our development projects, and will focus on the Piping Engineering aspects of all equipment /packages and process and utilities piping for all facilities topsides and shall also be responsible for the quality, technical assurance and timely delivery of the Piping Engineering deliverables during the DEFINE and EXECUTE stages.|
Through application of engineering knowledge, relevant training and experience, the Lead Piping Engineer shall, through his team, be responsible for the provision of quality engineering design, support, and assurance to the integrated project team.
The Lead engineer shall ensure that the team shall apply a common and consistent design approach and work collaboratively with the Maersk Oil Technical Authorities, such that all project deliverables are in compliance with the relevant Maersk Oil and international standards.
|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenge careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|Through a Line of Sight reporting and governance structure the Lead Piping Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to: |
• Supporting the transition from the concept selection phase to FEED and beyond, including set up and on-going management of the project Piping Engineering team from a mix of internal and external recruits;
• Responsible for the Engineering and Layout input to the tender processes for Piping Engineering FEED and EPIC activities, including integration with existing assets;
• Setting direction, creating and executing work plans, and managing resources for the Piping Engineering scope;
• Guiding the Piping Engineers and Designers in their planning and performance of Piping design technical work by using established and assigned technical tasks in a format (deliverable) mutually agreed between the Project Engineering Manager (PEM), Delivery Managers (DM), and Project Quality Manager (PQM);
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Lead Piping Engineer, with a recognised degree in a related Engineering subject and experience in the definition and design of both brownfield and greenfield offshore oil & gas facilities. |
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a minimum of 15 years’ of relevant oil and gas industry experience in Piping engineering, with at least 5 years demonstrable success in a lead engineer role;
• Have strong knowledge of the fundamentals of the Piping Engineering of offshore wellhead, process, utility and accommodation system including the design, installation, constructability, interface and system integration issues;
• The candidate’s expertise shall include a detailed working knowledge of the development of the overall topsides layout of process and utilities pipework, pipe racks and pipe bridges, large packaged equipment, pig launchers and pig receivers with due regard to access for operability, maintenance and emergency access and egress;
• Have strong capability in budget and schedule estimation for the Piping Engineering discipline for both Greenfield and Brownfield developments;
• Have demonstrable experience in the completion of ITT’s, FEED, and EPIC’s on a significant number of major Offshore Greenfield Facilities Topsides contracts >$1,000MM;
• Have extensive use and knowledge of PDS (Plant Design System), PDMS (Plant Design Management System) and/or Smart Plant 3D, in the execution of major Offshore Greenfield and Brownfield Facilities Topsides contracts >$1,000MM
|>||Last application date: 08 September 2016.|
Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field.
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|