Product & Business Development Manager
|CopenhagenLocalCommercial/Sales/Business Development||Ref.: MA-236307|
|Are you the person who can shake up how things are done in Maersk to help us all the way to our vision of meeting our customers’ demands, pushing the boundaries to connecting and simplifying their supply chain?|
We are looking for professionals, with a passion for constant improvement and a background in developing and managing products and services in logistics, to join our Global Charge Management team that governs charges across the 130+ countries that Maersk operates in.
|An opportunity to join a core function of Maersk where we work on improving organizational effectiveness and performance of products and services. |
We design, develop and enable the broader organization to sell with the purpose of increasing profits through cost effectiveness and revenue optimization. Improved customer experience is our guiding light which helps shape our priorities.
Maersk is embarking on an exciting journey that will substantially change the way we conduct our business to ensure we deliver quality products to our customers.
As a Product and Business Development Manager, you will interact with colleagues from across the globe daily. Your stakeholder map will span from frontline sales to support centers to strategic centers of excellence in Headquarters. You will help improve efficiency in backend execution, support sales to build knowledge and knowhow of products, ringfencing our core products with add-charges, products and services and turning charges into add-on products that our customers love.
Change is a constant in Maersk. We embrace an agile mindset in the way we do business and product development. It is important that you want to develop yourself in a learning and fast-moving organization.
|As the Product and Business Development Manager, your responsibilities will span the charges that are sold together with or independently of Maersk’s Ocean products. The charges are mandatory surcharges, penalty charges, Value Added Services and Logistics offerings.|
You will be the connecting arm for many different parts of the organization, with focus on having deep knowledge about your area of surcharges and driving adoption of these surcharges in whatever shape and form is required to increase overall company profitability and drive value for customers.
Further key areas of responsibility:
• Analyze and optimize profits for charges by driving performance together with Ocean and Logistics product managers and the regional organizations
• Develop and implement surcharges consistent with company vision
• Serve as an in-house expert for our charges and go-to person for all functional issues
• Work with Global Service Centre to setup, guide and optimize execution of the sale of surcharges
• Enable Area Charge Managers to effectively execute in their regional roles.
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate will have a relevant educational background combined with solid hands-on experience.|
• 3+ years’ experience with Product Management, Sales Enablement, Value Added Services or other relevant experience
• Passion for creating real value, empowering others and delivering value to customers
• Excellent critical thinking skills; able to break down business problems and create programs that align to business goals
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to work across groups and geographies
• Ability to design, develop and deliver fully executed programs
• Results-oriented; able to accomplish both projects and team goals and follow up on performance
• A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
• Reports to Head of Charge Management.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
|>||Last application date: 21 February 2020.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|