Cloud FinOps Engineer
|Working with the Cloud Governance area you will be at the forefront of our FinOps capabilities. From roadmap definition, establishing KPIs, all of the way through to tooling and implementation. |
You will be part of the core Cloud Centre of Excellence Team, an agile team building core capabilities on Cloud hyperscalers Azure & GCP as well as vendor specific clouds.
|We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk T&L offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Philippines, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. |
- Support Governance lead in establishing a FinOps squad including Finance, engineering and vendor management.
- Working with the FinOps squad, establish a roadmap for FinOps in Maersk.
- Ensure we have the right tooling and capabilities in place to enable our FinOps roadmap.
- Enable recharge, showback, budgeting and forecasting as core capabilities of cloud management. Product teams should have full visibility of the cloud cost of products should be empowered to be accountable for these costs.
- Enable Reserved instances in Maersk with the appropriate governance, processes and tooling to support it.
- Establish cloud optimisation frameworks and support platform administration teams in optimisation of their resources.
- Define and report against KPIs for FinOps in Maersk.
- Ensure support for commercial and legal requirements within our cloud estate.
- Be a FinOps evangelist to help others realise the value of cloud cost management.
- Working in sprints, break down work into actionable items which drive incremental improvements in our FinOps capabilities.
|Who we are looking for|
- 5yrs+ experience as a Cloud Architect or Engineer within FinOps space, coming either from Large Enterprise or small start-up. Certified in Azure; Google; ITIL, PRINCE2, TOGAF is a plus…
Technical skills: (Multiple)
- Public cloud experience (Azure, Google, AWS)
- Demonstrable experience in Cloud Cost Management.
- Experience in Cloud Governance, security.
- Broad knowledge of Public Cloud Hosting offerings and consumption models.
- Powershell, and .Net
- SCRUM/agile development
- DevOps Practices
- Be open, brave and trusted in behaviour and conversations to drive the right outcomes.
- Flexibility to adapt to change in a dynamic environment
- Work collaboratively with the other teams to drive the right outcome.
- Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills with people at all levels across the organisation
- Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks well
- Have a desire to work and succeed as part of a team
|>||Last application date: 21 February 2020.|
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|