New Application Platform Release Manager
|Working in the NAP delivery team you will be part of a new team defining and implementing best practice covering the release management lifecycle. |
You will be accountable for scheduling, coordinating and the management of multiple NAP releases.
As part of the PSE team the NAP delivery portfolio will cover complex release activity bringing together features from multiple delivery teams delivering end to end business processing.
|• Implement and manage release processes for code and services through development, test, and into production environments.|
• Collaborates effectively and on an ongoing basis with all teams involved in product development and release activity including release management, test and assurance teams, development, operations, business and systems analysts, program and project management, product owners and others to ensure execution and deliverables per plan.
• Work with software engineering teams to improve engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
• Maintain a centralized view of the NAP Release Calendar.
• Work with all delivery teams to ensure that NAP Release milestones and interdependencies are clearly defined and that they can be managed and measured to ensure management information is timely and accurate and that areas for improvement are identified.
• Provide management reporting and updates.
• Create, implement and continuously improve measures and metrics covering the release life cycle gaining insights into performance and aimed at increasing speed and quality of delivery.
• Lead the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in.
• Work with the service introduction teams to ensure the end to end business process capability is defined and assured ahead of release roll out
• Conduct release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business Go/No-Go reviews
• Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Work with release engineers to understand impacts of technical interdependencies.
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
• Participate in any change advisory board meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Keep up to date with industry best practice covering new software development, configuration and release capabilities and relate those to our current capabilities
|Who we are looking for|
|• 5 or more years of previous release management and delivery experience |
• 5-10 years of experience in application product build environment in technical role
• S4Hana release and rollout delivery experience
• Ability to work with teams, to influence, to co-operate, to collaborate are essential key skills to get teams working at outstanding levels
• Excellent communication skills across all levels
• Self-Management is a key attribute expected for this role. Being able to work without the need for follow up or too much management is important.
• Self-motivated and self-starter once work assigned results are guaranteed almost always.
• Expert level knowledge and experience working across the software development lifecycle, and end to end promotional model.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward common delivery outcome in complex and multi-application environments
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication
|>||Last application date: 30 November 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Orla.firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|