Senior Java Engineer
|Maersk is strengthening its software development organisation, focusing on driving predictability, reducing cost of ownership and increasing agility in our technology. We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer with strong development skills, experience working in Agile projects and leadership to help shape development within Maersk Technology.|
The role will involve:
• Hands-on architecture, development, & maintenance. You will be adept in writing efficient code, unit & integration tests across all components with code re-use being key to success. You will mentor juniors to write efficient and quality code.
• Collaboration with other front-end developers, back end developers, architects, designers, UX experts, external agencies, partners and key people in the business.
• Help define efficient solutions and implementation strategies to create highly cohesive front-end and back-end development practices.
• You will contribute to Agile teams in the elaboration and definition of user stories as part of feature development.
• Basic understanding of application security.
• Build and deployment of artefacts on Cloud or on-premise servers.
• Travelling as needed to Maersk locations to meet and work with development team members based abroad (e.g. Denmark).
• You may be asked to perform out-of-hours support tasks.
Can you help to improve global supply chain logistics? Are you excited to work on platforms that handles millions of bookings and transactions? In this role, you will have long-term ownership of one or more applications, including build, test, transition and operation for Maersk's customer-facing systems using the latest technical stack.
Are you passionate about designing and developing Java API’s following the best practices? You will be involved in developing and working in an Agile and CI/CD environment to develop API’s that will help deliver core functionalities across the organisation. You will work in an environment where new ideas and processes will be welcome. You will work alongside other developers, mentoring them and learning from them as well as from the wider Maersk technology teams around the world.
Are you passionate about designing and developing Java API’s following the best practices? You will be involved in developing and working in an Agile and CI/CD environment to develop API’s that will help deliver core functionalities across the organisation. You will work in an environment where new ideas and processes will be welcome.
The Feature Team Lead is the technical anchor of the team and is responsible for driving the team towards the successful technical delivery of features.
They are involved in upcoming feature related discussion that would become a distraction to the wider team. They are responsible for setting the technical vision and approach for the feature development and will become the go-to person for issues related to a specific set of features.
In addition to these responsibilities; the Feature Team Lead is hands on with the design and development of change.
The feature team lead will be responsible for the implementation quality and will ensure that the correct procedures are in place to assure (code and feature) quality
|>||Last application date: 30 November 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Ivaylo Grozdanov - email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
|A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|