Data Engineer - Cloud Native (Azure / T-SQL)
|We are looking to strengthen our Data Engineering Team in Network & Capacity with a Data Engineer. If you have a strong data engineering background, have experience with data profiling, cataloguing, Azure cloud technologies and you thrive in an Agile fast-paced environment, then read on!|
|Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Data Engineer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working.
|Day-to-day, you will:|
• Part of an excellent team of 5 Data Engineers following Scrum framework
• Work on a prioritized backlog based on business requirements while demonstrating Microsoft Azure Data capabilities e.g.: Azure SQL, Integration Runtime, Data Factory, DataBricks etc.
• Support the planning and implementation of data flow design, provide sizing and configuration assistance
• Assisting the Solution Architects on program for transformations and modernizations of data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
• Design and Build Azure Data Pipelines and Data Streams
• Working with Azure Event Hub for retrieving and streaming data
• Expose data to end users using Azure API Apps or RiverBed or Power BI or other visualization platform.
• Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.|
• Experience in data modelling and analysis using T-SQL is essential
• Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, and Azure SQL is MUST
• Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals using Terraform or ARM
• Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates
• Working experience with C# .NET would be essential
• Experience with Git/DevOps/VSTS is a requirement
• Able to work in a large program and distributed organization while having service mindset
• Strong collaboration, team ethics and experience working with remote teams
• Positive attitude for continuous improvement and learning new technologies
|>||Last application date: 29 November 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|