Environmental Manager – Sustainability
|Do you truly believe that businesses can be part of shaping a better world and do you have a passion for corporate sustainability - then you might our new environmental expert in Maersk global Sustainability team. |
We are looking for a dedicated expert to support functions across Maersk with deep environmental analytical advice. Your work will cover a broad range of issues on the environmental agenda especially related to biofuel standards, GHG accounting, adaptation to climate change but also including bio-diversity, air emissions, Ocean, waste with more.
We aspire to be among the best in world at what we do and encourage applicants from any country to apply.
|Maersk Group is a global company with great strength and vast outreach. |
We have the ability – and the responsibility – to do things right and to contribute to a more sustainable future. We aspire to unlock growth – for society and Maersk. We will achieve this through the core strengths of our businesses and by being a responsible business partner.
This position offers an opportunity to be an integral part of Maersk’s cutting-edge sustainability journey and to engage with a range of stakeholders both internally as well as externally.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength
|• Help set and shape the overall sustainability approach to biofuels (and eventually other fuels) in Maersk including underpinning the work to ensure carbon neutral offerings in the market. |
• Account manage and oversee Maersk’s carbon accounting and data across both own and supply chain emissions.
• Pilot and manage engagement with selected parts of Maersk’s supply chain emissions.
• Provide analytically based advice on all relevant environmental issues to support decision making
• Support the effort to understand the risks and opportunities related to the physical impact of climate change.
• Ensure an internal global hub for internal collaboration including identification of metrics and measurement to help guide our priorities and evaluate implementation.
Limited travel to be expected.
|Who we are looking for|
|You are a strong professional with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with a business relevant understanding of the environment agendas. |
You have proven experience with the following:
• Deep knowledge and working experience related to preferably all of the key topical areas of biofuel standards, carbon accounting, air emissions and ecosystems, including life cycle analysis.
• Educational background within e.g. biology or ecology or the like.
• Project management skills being able to design and execute on action plans.
• Provide high quality analytical input for decision making and issue management
• Communication and agenda setting, being able to engage with transport and logistics actors on the ground with ease.
Furthermore, you are analytical in your approach, a self-starter with a high energy and are able to find new ways to move forward even when the road seems blocked.
|>||Last application date: 10 November 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruiting Specialist Li Zhu on email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|