Lead Environmental Advisor – Sustainability
|Do you truly believe that businesses can be part of shaping a better world and do you have a passion for corporate sustainability then you might our new environmental expert in Maersk global Sustainability team. |
We are looking for a senior expert to develop and drive our sustainability agenda within the environmental area. Your work will cover a broad range of issues on the environmental agenda especially bio-diversity, air emissions; Ocean, waste and circular economy with more.
We aspire to be among the best in world at what we do and encourage applicants from any country to apply.
|Maersk Group is a global company with great strength and vast outreach. We have the ability – and the responsibility – to do things right and to contribute to a more sustainable future. |
We aspire to unlock growth – for society and Maersk. We will achieve this through the core strengths of our businesses and by being a responsible business partner.
This position offers an opportunity for impact, exposure, and professional development, as you will be shaping Maersk’s approach to the environmental agenda in close collaboration with core business functions in Maersk.
You will bridge several industries and engage with a broad range of external and internal stakeholders and have the opportunity to engage high level experts from NGOs, academia and other global companies.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
|• Spotting key emerging issues on the environmental agenda with relevance for our business. |
• Translate these trends so that they can be understood in terms of either risks to the company, responsibilities or opportunities for shared value creation and shape the company’s main priorities and direction in this space.
• Work closely with other functions across Maersk to ensure implementation of the priorities and direction.
• Engage in dialogue with external stakeholders to understand societal expectations and be part of shaping the debate, which may include driving joint projects with e.g. NGOs, customers and others – ensuring knowledge is fed back into the company in a practical, accessible way.
• As in-house expert for the company you will advise and support our businesses globally on strategic environmental issues with support from our environmental manager.
• Manage ongoing projects and coordinate efforts across the company and its brands.
• Represent Maersk in relevant external fora.
Travel to be expected.
|Who we are looking for|
|You have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience |
You are a strong professional with deep substance knowledge about the global environmental agendas and used to engage in debates and settings with many stakeholders with multiple interests. You have a mature political flair.
You have either worked in companies or closely with companies.
You are a self-starter with a high energy level and you do not sit around and wait to be told what to do. You are able to find new ways to move forward even when the road seems blocked
You have the personal integrity, the social skills and the persona to be trusted by people who are far more senior than yourself. And you are able to use these skills to build relationships, influence and drive outcomes through informed dialogue.
You have good project management skills and are able to design and execute on action plans.
You are analytical in you approach and have an international mind-set.
You are fluent in written and spoken English. You don’t necessarily speak Danish.
|>||Last application date: 10 November 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruiting Specialist Li Zhu on email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|