Wireless & Networks Program Manager
|Maersk has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lie Digitization and IT. Viewed as a significant enabler of our company strategy, Digitization and IT are taking center stage in our aspiration to secure sustainable growth of our businesses. We actively engage the business and deliver its needs while undergoing our own transformation.|
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organization that delivers business value through automation, standardization, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. These are levers that our leadership rely on to maintain a strong and stable presence in the market. We further aim to establish one global platform on which we effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market.
|Joining Maersk as Wireless Program Manager you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within the A.P. Moller – Maersk.
|The Program Manager requires strong leadership and ownership to drive the growing Industrial Wireless group. |
He oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of a program including overall financial responsibility, planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling overall program activities and correlated projects. The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that all project deliveries are fulfilled, and performance of end to end operations are meeting the expectations. Typically, this position will be managing over several projects of Maersk Inland Terminals and endorse the relationship with the local terminal.
In this role, you will be supporting the Head of Wireless. You will be responsible for actively seeking to improve Maersk Terminals business objectives. Once a project is initiated, you will head the delivery, together with a team of project managers and project resources, until the complete fulfillment of the project, ensuring the continuity from initiation to delivery, actively seeking to improve schedule and cost with consideration to terminals satisfaction and Inland Terminals business objectives since these programs often have visible impact on the terminal operations and corporate results.
We expect the Program Manager to help the Head of Wireless lead and be a change maker of the business.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Plan the delivery of the overall program and its interdependent activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
• You will establish the overall project plan baseline: define the scope, secure the necessary resources and monitor all plans and activities until project completion/Closure.
• Drive project execution: track and prioritize project activities, monitor and handle changes, address conflicts and critical issues.
• Align and secure the appropriate resources for the program with the resources owners inside the organization.
• Coordinate the delivery of services across the different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
• Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program and its expected, repeatable outcomes.
• Ensure that controlled records are developed and kept to document program activities
• Lead the program and supervise assigned program staff by providing direction, support input and feedback as appropriate.
• Develop and promote a culture of repeatable outcomes and best practices across the program correlated projects as well as to ensure the knowledge learned is shared with the relevant groups.
• Help develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
• Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
• Help develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
• Handle project finance: ensure financial system monitoring and compliance to the annual budget
• In cooperation with our finance team, develop program key performance indexes to ensure the program is executed according to its overall financial and delivery targets.
• Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
• Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct regular program assessments
• Report program assessment findings to the program sponsors and leadership team and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
• Monitor, take actions and escalate any program deviations to program sponsors and leadership team, especially financial deviations.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Proven track record and experience with a minimum 5 years’ experience in program and/or senior project management implementations including IoT with annual budgets exceeding $2M |
• Advanced proficiency in project management tools including MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Outstanding leadership and organizational skills, Excellent communication skills & problem-solving ability
• Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods, ideally in Transport and Logistics.
• Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
• Solid IT background within container shipping, transport and logistics
• At least 3 years of experience in waterfall and using agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Lean, Kanban, Safe or PMI);
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong ability to interact at the senior level; must have superior communication skills to influence others and meet deadlines while building strong relationships both internally and externally.
• Results oriented. Able to work independently and take a logical and orderly approach to analyzing problems, organizing work, and planning actions.
• Good team player and with a can-do spirit
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and problem solve in stressful situations.
• Able and willing to travel based on business requirements
• Fluent English in both written and oral
|>||Last application date: 18 August 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|