Cargo Care Operator
|CopenhagenLocal/InternationalSupply Chain/Logistics Operations||Ref.: MA-218826|
|We are looking for a dedicated team player to join our Cargo Team. Join the Sealand Europe and Mediterranean (SEM)– A Maersk Company headquarter office in Copenhagen for a hands-on shipping experience within our Operations team! |
In this role, you would be expected to build sustainable relationships with a range of stakeholders and colleagues across our global organization, offering you a unique chance to make a difference by enabling reliable service delivery to our customers, contributing to the team’s success and ambitions of the company to become the global integrator of container logistics.
|We offer a position in a dynamic environment in which you will develop critical skills such as execution/delivery management, process improvement, stakeholder management, cross-cultural communication and vendor management. |
You will experience true international reach and exposure from working across the Europe and Mediterranean region with different nationalities, vendors and regulatory requirements.
In addition, you will be gaining insights into SEM’s processes from an operational and commercial perspective, and you will gain industry knowledge and career experience in the undisputed leader of the shipping industry.
|In this role you will be responsible for variety of tasks:|
• Accountable for timely execution of Load, Discharge and Release activities from when the container is gated in at the terminal through loading onto the vessel before eventually arranging for discharge as per customer’s booked transport plan.
• Facilitate execution improvement discussions with various departments, to ensure deadline adherence and data quality to improve service delivery.
• Be the operational entry point for our commercial organization to quickly resolve cargo incidents and accommodate specific customer requests.
• Manage and inspires cost- consciousness across functions to ensure constant reduction of costs, through providing feedback upstream to ensure better vessel planning downstream.
• Take responsibility for reducing waste such as longstanding containers, renominations and cargo no-shows.
• Assists with development of operational policies within area of responsibility and communicate to relevant stakeholders both internal and External.
• Deliver on collective and individual performance targets while driving improvement initiatives together with your team.
|Who we are looking for|
|• The ideal candidate should possess a relevant Bachelor degree from a reputable educational institution.|
• General experience in the shipping or terminal industry will be valued, and operations or customer service experience will be a significant advantage.
• Our ideal candidate is a pro-active team player with a visible sense of urgency, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a very dynamic environment.
• He/she should be a diligent, self-disciplined and upright individual, accepting personal ownership for results. You will have to be innovative and driven to provide solutions and ideas that will improve our service level.
• He/she has an agile mindset focused on daily execution, standardization and continuous improvement to deliver cost-efficient and smooth E2E service delivery to our customers.
• Knowledge of Visual Basic or programming skills would be an advantage.
|>||Last application date: 19 July 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Specialist Daria Lyszczak on email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||As part of the Maersk Group, Sealand Europe & Mediterranean (SEM) is serving the European and North African containerized market. SEM was founded with the aim to enhance regional market focus. The company is a stand-alone legal entity and operates as a fully independent business unit. In total 75 vessels are operated by SEM in the Europe & Med region. SEM HQ is a highly international environment and consists of approximately 95 driven colleagues based in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Operations team is responsible for vessel schedules, allocation management, VSA coordination, load and discharge processes.|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|