|A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. |
|Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a Cloud Engineer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stake-holders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Application Development, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardization and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
|• Contribute to cloud-native development in the digital products to help them achieve the benefits of cloud.|
• Support the new ways of working, like Agile Development, DevOps practices and explorative prototyping.
• Identify candidates for automation and self-service and develop solutions to close the gaps.
• Contribute to the development of reusable patterns to standardize PaaS infrastructure provisioning with governance and security standards in place.
• Contribute to the delivery of the platform engineering roadmap
• Contribute to the vision and strategy for platform engineering
• Drive the technical leadership in co-located team, aligning visions and knowledge sharing with peers.
|Who we are looking for|
|The successful candidate will have hands-on experience with building cloud-native applications and a solid understanding of Cloud infrastructure, IaaS and PaaS. The candidate will have experience with defining Cloud infrastructures, through Infrastructure as Code and experience and understanding of modern Devops and Agile practices|
Knowledge and skills required
• Experience building and running software on public cloud (Azure, GCP or other cloud)
• Design and develop infrastructure as code; Terraform, ARM.
• Ability to automate pipelines, repeating workflows; experience in scripting languages
• Experience with Pipeline tools, Azure DevOps, Jenkins etc.
• C#/Java/Go/Node or any other complied-language experience are appreciated
• Awareness of, and ability to reason about, modern software & systems architectures, including load-balancing, performance tuning, availability, business continuity, fault tolerant distributed systems, micro services, and so on
• Independent and self-managed but shines when in a team, communicating well, and exercising initiative when presented with problems.
• Experience developing software on Public Cloud. Microsoft Azure is most relevant but experiences in GCP or other cloud provider are useful as well.
• PaaS infrastructure design and develop
• Infrastructure as Code, Pipeline as Code
• Azure DevOps or Jenkins
• .NET/Java/Go/Node – at least one of them
|>||Last application date: 13 August 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Eva.email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|