|We have embarked on the journey to transform our business to become a truly integrated logistics provider. Our team is therefore growing and we are recruiting a Solution Architect to join our Analysis and Solution Design (AnSD) function to drive the business transformation. |
We aspire to be “the trusted partner in designing and delivering solutions meeting company needs”. As a Solution Architect in our AnSD function you will help defining the future architecture state of Maersk working closely with our business stakeholders, development teams, solution and enterprise architects. You are to analyze the company needs and identify relevant solution scenarios taking best industry standards and practice into consideration.
Scope includes significant focus on customer engagement application of technology solutions, both off the shelf application configuration and implementation, as well as system/application component design as part of a custom build using approved technologies.
|We are building a best-in-class architecture team to support the business transformation and our team will be at the forefront of making strategic decisions using technology to deliver on the company strategy.|
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment, with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
As Solution Architect, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of Technology supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and interesting range of business challenges through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
|• Challenge, influence and support the stakeholders to solve issues and help realizing the company vision |
• Communicate architecture to stakeholders with different levels of technical knowledge, including business leaders
• Analyze business needs, identify relevant solution scenarios and translate them into architectural models and roadmaps aligned to Enterprise Architecture principles
• Identify and co-develop enterprise architecture principles & guidelines
• Create and communicate shared view of solution architecture and best practice including design principles & patterns, technology, tools and standards, interfaces, etc.
• Work with delivery teams to develop sustainable and achievable solutions & verifying the implementation ensuring the delivered system is consistent with the agreed architecture
|Who we are looking for|
|• Typically 6-8 years of experience architecting or leading complicated integration projects, with recent years involved in customer facing digital cloud hosted solutions.|
• Great analytical skills in mastering multi-functional highly scalable systems, firm understanding of computer science, networking technologies and design, multi-tenant applications, and database technologies
• Experience in different development paradigms (Agile, Lean Product Development, Waterfall) and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Working in federated governance environment with decision-making power within the guidance of the enterprise architecture principles
• Hands-on experience as solution architect for large-scale projects and communication skills to articulate, rationalize and document architectural decisions
• Working with large global website environments
• Broad knowledge in application of design techniques, methodologies and security considerations
• Experience in partnering and coaching stakeholders as well as providing guidance, training to other team members
• Experience in several of the following technology areas:
o Customer Engagement solutions; public and customer facing; online/web/mobile delivered; cloud hosted
o API centric, Event driven, Cloud native and microservice architectures
o Cloud digital technologies: Java, Node, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservice, Cassandra, IBM Bluemix, Akamai, Rest
o Legacy java web technologies: Java, Weblogic, Apache, Oracle DB, Oracle Service Bus, Play framework, MQ, Legacy system integration
o Sitecore content management platform
o Mobile: Outsystems, IBM Mobile First Platform, IOS + Android native apps, Mobile Hybrid
o Modeling in Opengroup ArchiMate, UML modeling, BES Modelling toolset
o CDN (preferably Akamai), CMS (preferably Sitecore), CRM (preferably Salesforce), IAM, API Gateway
• Previous roles might include Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect
• Ability to understand complex business problems and needs, and translate these into architectural options and communicate them on all layers in the organization
• Big-picture / systems thinking
• Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills & ability to balance between opposing forces and opinions, within architectural boundaries and decisions
• Pragmatic approach to balance the transformation towards the new architecture state while maintaining the current services and managing risks
• Ability to work well under pressure, independently and with high sense of urgency
• As a person, fact based, result oriented; and diplomatic with the ability to act in an often-complex business environment
• Fluent in oral and written English
• Thrives in an international environment
|>||Last application date: 28 July 2019.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com|