|Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. As we aspire to secure sustainable growth of our businesses, we need to re-think the way we engage with our customers and partners. Digitisation and IT are taking centre stage in enabling this engagement. Join us in Transport and Logistics IT as we re-think what technology can do to drive growth. |
If you are passionate about working in an entrepreneurial and ever-changing environment, developing new products that engage and provide an enhanced customer experience – keep reading.
|Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a Scrum Master you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Mobile, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
|Reporting to the Head of the Agile Transformation, you will serve as a Scrum Master for one or more teams within Transport & Logistics. The Scrum Master role involves understanding the agile processes, partnering with Product Owner/Client leadership teams, and working with project teams to deliver on-time and on budget.|
As part of the T&L Application Development team you will be responsible for estimating work effort, planning sprint backlogs, facilitating daily scrums, and conducting sprint demo & retrospective meetings throughout all agile sprint phases for the project. Must understand and execute on backlog items by working closely with the Product Owner and the distributed project team, making sure deliverables reflect requirements, on-time with production quality. Play a key role in resolving business and team conflicts. Must be actively involved in technical matters thus finding gaps and ensuring Product Owner involvement in business decisions and description of the business flow.
Key tasks include:
• Mentor and Coach teams in agile processes and tools, and ensure to develop well scoped issues and epics and correct use of scrum process.
• Perform the role of Scrum Master for multiple concurrent sprint teams.
• Run sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint retrospective, daily scrum, and other project planning meetings.
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
• Forecast sprint iterations with the Product Owner and concerned business partners to better understand dependencies between tasks and teams.
• Shield sprint teams from outside distractions and unintended dependencies and interference.
• Facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
• Coach the Scrum Masters and the Team Members on Agile principles and Values and on Scrum practices
• Advice Senior Stakeholders on Agile at scale methods and processes
• Ability to work independently and plan and manage multiple assignments.
• Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution between sprint team members and Product Owners.
• Communicate with other teams and management on project progress and dependency handling and ensure the transparency of the team.
|Who we are looking for|
|We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate Expertise and technical skills in the following:|
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience as Scrum Master working with one or more software development teams diligently applying Scrum principles and practices.
• Certified Scrum Master
• Experience with Agile Project Management Tools including Atlassian JIRA, Confluence.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross functional teams.
• Development background
• Experience working with distributed application development teams
• Experience working in environments using Scaling frameworks like SAFe / LeSS / DAD
• Transportation, Logistics or carrier management experience
• Certified Scrum Professional
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
• Natural curiosity for gaining business acumen in Transport & Logistics.
|>||Last application date: 31 August 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - email@example.com.
|maerskline.com||As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.|
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|