Senior Android Developer
|Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. As we aspire to secure sustainable growth of our businesses, we need to re-think the way we engage with our customers and partners. Digitisation and IT are taking centre stage in enabling this engagement. Join us in Transport and Logistics IT as we re-think what technology can do to drive growth. |
If you are passionate about the strategic value of integration architecture and are fulfilled by engaging with stakeholders to move things towards the end goal – keep reading.
|Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Senior Android Developer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.|
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
|Reporting to the Head of Mobile, you will serve as a Senior Developer for Maersk Transport & Logistics IT. You will be responsible for Android development in terms of understanding the current strategy in this area and envisioning the future.|
To be a successful leader at Maersk, you must be passionate about building and sustaining our business, as well as inspiring and developing our people. As a leader within IT, this is your primary responsibility even in our matrix organisation structure.
Further, in this role:
• You have 5 years of senior mobile developer experience working on complex mobile apps
• You can model your solutions and comfortably work with offline storage, multi-threading, and performance tuning and are well versed with the Android eco system
• You are happy to swap hats between different projects and development modules(hybrid/native) supporting and developing new features/apps in a growing Mobile program
• You'll thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing and delivery focused environment
• You are an evangelist for best practice in design, development, self-documentation and test
• You pride yourself on always being up to date with the latest frameworks and design paradigms
• Your communication skills will lead your engagement with the team and wider tech community
• You'll be able to estimate your work and commit to deliveries within an Agile development framework
• You can quickly run POC's to demonstrate ideas from you or anyone in the team to take it up with senior stakeholders
• You are well versed with the entire process of signing apps and being able to independently submit apps to app stores or internal stores
• You are inquisitive by nature, you'll be enthusiastic about technology, creative and tenacious in your approach of problem solving
• You don't leave things to chance: you write robust, defensible code and you really believe in the benefits of writing tests and high code coverage
|Who we are looking for|
|We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate Expertise and technical skills (At least 5 years) in the following:|
• Android Studio
• Android SDK
• Strong UI skills in writing screen widgets
• Strong experience building apps supporting different layouts for smart phones and tablets
• TDD, BDD
• Unit and Integration testing
• Expertise in integration with external services (Web APIs, CMSs, REST, 3rd Party SDK’s (Fabric, Hockey, Crashlytics, Google Analytics, Firebase, Branch) etc).
In addition, below are the desirable skills:
• Swift/XCode and related iOS development stack
• iOS development experience
• Hybrid app development with ionic/Cordova/Xamarin/Similar
• If you can show case your work and contribution through some community platforms like GitHub, stack overflow, linked in, blogs, or just about anything would be greatly received
|>||Last application date: 31 August 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Amanda Huckerby - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|