Forward Deployed Engineer
|Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. As we aspire to secure sustainable growth of our businesses, we need to re-think the way we engage with our customers and partners. Digital is taking centre stage in enabling this engagement.|
Join us in Transport and Logistics - Digital as we innovate, prototype and industrialize digital products to drive growth and lead the market.
If you are passionate about working in an entrepreneurial environment developing new products that engage and provide an enhanced customer experience – keep reading.
|The Digital team at Maersk offers a unique opportunity to leverage technology to impact global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world.|
We operate in a fast-paced environment utilizing modern technologies and bias toward action. We are agile, value outcomes, and are passionate about using technology to solve problems.
Maersk provides a diverse group of global colleagues and immense variety of real-world problems. The Digital team operates within this environment and provides opportunities for growth in technology and industry across geographic and cultural borders.
|• Partner directly with the business to understand, decompose, and scope technical solutions that will create value internally or externally|
• Create full-stack technical solutions utilizing our internal platforms that are scalable and maintainable
• Operate in agile scrum teams and independently direct time and resources
• Build data pipelines and complex engineering required to sustainably source data into a cloud environment
• Collaborate with our technical organizations to source data and interoperate with existing systems
• Embed with business teams to understand processes and requirements and fit solutions within this framework
• Contribute to our core digital platform and augment capabilities to build data assets and continuously improve our platform offering
|Who we are looking for|
|• Strong engineering background, with a degree or experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Engineering, or Data Science|
• Independent and self-directed individuals that thrive in ambiguity
• Deep experience with data technologies, from relational databases to big data solutions
• Data engineering and pipeline technology experience - particularly open source and modern frameworks
• Desire and ability to learn the business and become an expert in the industry
• Familiarity with compiled languages + algorithms and data structures
• Good instincts around data and experience with analytics and machine learning
• Willingness to operate as a full-stack engineer and desire to create end-to-end solutions
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with technical and non-technical team members
• Willingness and interest to travel when required to be close to our internal and external customers
|>||Last application date: 28 April 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Farhana Mohammed on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|