IT Finance Business Partner
|The Maersk Group is an integrated transport & logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. |
We, being an equal opportunity employer, are renowned for our dedicated and professional staff and global career opportunities.
An opportunity is now available for a career-minded individual to join us
as Finance Business Partner in the IT Finance team.
The IT Finance team supports the Maersk Transport & Logistics organization on the road to digitalization with financial planning, analysis and partnering.
|IT Finance is a diverse and talented team which strives to be a world class finance organization, with a fast paced and challenging atmosphere, where you can develop your financial skills and learn more about how IT delivers value to the transport and logistics industry.|
The Finance Business Partner drives financial performance in the dedicated area across T&L by providing leadership, insight and guidance on financial information, business performance and implementation of strategies.
You will be taking care of day to day partnering and financial performance within the dedicated business area as well as taking an active role in T&L IT transformation
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
|• Owns all financial data within the designated Business area|
• Financial Planning including Budgeting (Annual) and Rolling Forecast (Quarterly)
• Works closely with the business management team to drive Financial Stability and high accuracy of data, planning and analysis
• Ensures supply vs demand forecast is accurate and interlocked with project and portfolio finance partners
• Delivers accurate, timely, aligned information to business
• Contributes to business decisions by leaders, internal and external partners, providing insight that enables effective decision making
• Provides various insights to business based on needs
• Provides forward looking, independently initiated analysis
• Automates and brings in efficiencies, driving transformation initiatives, sometimes across various areas
• Provides financial insight and guidance in project business cases and total cost of ownership (TCO) evaluations
• Challenges unjustified spend and unrealistic forecast by understanding Business needs and to comply with Cost Leadership objective of the Company
• Support offshoring of month end activities and reporting – Financial Controlling, monitoring IT Transactions (IT Services & Assets) to ensure alignment with IT Accounting Key Data Structure (KDS), Accruals and maintain efficient financial data
Collects, understands and documents relevant Business reasons to explain variances to budget, Accruals, Intercompany Charges within Maersk Group
• Presents financial figures to management team at month-end and highlight risks and opportunities
• Reviews new vendor contracts, understanding financial implications of key commercial terms, and validation of any estimated benefits
• Engages with internal and external auditors and ensure that the audit findings minimised and resolved within the agreed deadlines
|Who we are looking for|
|The best Finance Business Partner out there. We are looking for a self-starting, goal oriented and commercial financial professional, with an interest in IT. |
As a Finance Business Partner in IT Finance you will be working closely with the IT project organization, supporting them in the forecast and budget processes, providing insights into the spend of the projects and ensuring they have the relevant and accurate financial data to make the right business decisions.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Business administration, finance or accounting combined with experience from global companies working in finance, ideally with IT relevance
• Have strong stakeholder management skills on executive level
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Collaboration across functions, departments and geographies
• Can translate problems into solutions
• Thrive in a dynamic environment
• Have strong ownership and accountability, self-management, and integrity
• Are creative /problem solution thinking
• Are a resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment and thrive in an international environment. You want to challenge and develop yourself
• A team player who are able to work independently
The right candidate is driven with curious nature and a drive to continuously optimize.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
|>||Last application date: 25 February 2018.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|