Freight Forwarder to Ocean Customer Service Team
|AarhusLocalSupply Chain/Logistics Operations||Ref.: DC-158133|
|Damco is part of the AP Moller Maersk Group and one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. For more than 100 years, we have been providing our customers with transportation and logistics solutions that support the way they want to do business, wherever they are in the world.|
With over 11,000 employees in over 300 owned offices across 90 countries around the world, we manage and serve some of the most advanced supply chains in the world; in a diverse range of industries.
When you join Damco, you´ll find that the world is your workplace. You´ll work in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things.
Working at Damco brings a unique blend of being part of a conglomerate with rich heritage and an exuberant, youthful, fast-paced logistics company. We believe in rewarding and recognizing individual performances within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values.
Collaborative and commercial mindsets are the key cornerstones of being a high performer in Damco. Ours being a network business, it is key that you are able to think and act beyond your own domain and geography of work. By commercial mindset we mean your ability to think of the benefits to the end customer; in whatever action you take, irrespective of your position and role.
|We are looking for a new member to our Customer Service Team in Aarhus, Denmark. The Freight Forwarder will work in close collaboration with the Ocean product and the Customer Service Team and play a key role optimizing our routings and buying. We are seeking to establish a long-term cooperation and relationship with our customers, where we as a professional partner in transportation, logistics and freight forwarding perform our delivery towards the customers with the highest quality.|
We offer you a challenging position in the freight forwarding industry. You will get the opportunity to work in an international environment in an industry that is constantly changing and under development and in the same time you will get the opportunity to develop your own skills and professional experience
|You will daily be handling a variation of tasks within freight forwarding and transportation. The work includes regular with our contact with our customers which is why a high level of service is needed. You and your colleagues will manage, coordinate and monitor transport flows and integrated solutions with vendors and customers. |
Key responsibilities are:
• Customer centric shipment handling.
• Day2day communication with Damco Office and agents.
• Shipment forecasting and allocation control.
• Continuous monitoring of “on water” business.
• Destination handling and coordination – advising of containers, customs processes, and last mile delivery.
• Developing on existing customer solutions. .
• Maintaining and developing data quality and optimizing internal communication and relations.
|Who we are looking for|
|Experience as a Freight forwarder is a must - ideally within ocean freight. We prefer candidates with a mixed experience of import, export and cross trade. An academic background would be a plus – within Supply Chain Management or similar. |
You have a healthy drive for personal development and an eager of setting your footprint on great customer service.
We believe the ideal candidate: has
• 3-5 years of experience from freight forwarding, preferably from ocean freight
• Good communication skills.
• A high proficiency in spoken and written Danish and English.
• A good knowledge and understanding in computer systems.
• The ability to be a true team-player.
• The ability to handle a large workload without compromising the cooperation with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
• The will and capacity to take responsibility and deliver on set targets with the customer in focus.
• A creative mindset and a flexible approach.
Applications will be read continuously, so do not wait with your application!
|>||Last application date: 21 December 2017.|
For further information, please contact: Ocean Customer Service Manager Steffen Sondergaard +4540629045.
|damco.com||Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.|