|Join us as our next Project Manager in Maersk Transport and Logistics IT, where we are responsible for the delivery and implementation of IT project from A-Z.|
We strive to deliver value to the Maersk Transport and Logistic business, by being best in class in the execution and leadership of our projects. We are looking for an experienced and capable project manager, with a solid technical background, to join our Delivery Practice. You will work closely with the application development teams in an energetic and agile environment. You will be involved in the delivery of solutions underpinning the shipping digital solutions worldwide.
You can look forward to an attractive career in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte, Algeciras and India.
|At Maersk we offer you a unique opportunity for personal and professional development, as well as being part of a large scale transformation, building a strong platform for a future career in Maersk Transport and Logistic IT.|
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
You will get to interact with leading IT vendors, internal subject matter experts, and internal and external IT professionals. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual.
The job will be based in Copenhagen or Maidenhead.
Some travel activity can be expected, though varying from project to project.
|As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing IT projects in close co-operation with the business and other IT projects. This implies efficient planning, stakeholder, risk and change management and completion of projects with focus on maximizing value creation.|
Your performance, use of our project model and tools and stakeholder management must ensure
streamlined projects and excellent results. You will manage your project from initiation to delivery and enabling implementation of the software in the business.
Other Key tasks:
• You will closely together with a team of professional business analysts, test managers and technical /solution specialists
• You will drive discussions on objectives and scope with the project team to get an in-depth understanding of objectives and scope on a technical level
• Communicate progress and performance to the Programme Manager in Maersk Line IT
• Together with the Product Owner focus on optimizing and realizing satisfactory return on the investment
|Who we are looking for|
|The ideal candidate will have proven track record of successfully managing large IT or technical projects of high complexity, with experience on both on waterfall and agile methodology. |
You hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or have a similar background combined with 7-10 years’ experience as a project manager.
It is crucial that you know the importance of delivering according to schedule and budget and can lead your projects to success.
• Have a strategic mind-set and an ability to convert complex problems into pragmatic solutions
• Have a strong independent drive and goal orientation
• Understand technical issues but are also able to maintain the overview, building bridges between business and IT
• Have the ability to work across functions and disciplines and engage with different stakeholders at all levels
• Have experience working with application development, from solution design to component construction
• Have experience with infrastructure projects, agile, waterfall projects and Prince2
• Have experience with complex project planning across multiple workstreams/sub-projects
• Have knowledge of modern programming languages and technologies
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) and you are a good listener, who is open for other people’s opinion, but who is not afraid of the difficult discussions and decisions
|>||Last application date: 30 December 2017.|
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner Maj-Britt Clayton on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|