|DubaiLocalShipping Operations||Ref.: ML-154498|
|This position is part of the West and Central Asia Liner Operations cluster (WCALOC). WCA LOC is responsible for vessel schedules, allocation management, VSA coordination, port productivity, procuring and controlling Container Yard, Port Expenses and Foreign Feeder costs, load and discharge processes, Equipment Maintenance and Repair, Intermodal transport, equipment positioning and evacuation. WCA LOC is a highly international environment and consists of approximately 70 driven colleagues and is based in Dubai, UAE|
|You are in the heart of Maersk Lines marine operations managing a number of ports in the Maersk Line shipping network. You are responsible for seamless cargo operations for Maersk line units to and from vessels, both Maersk and non-Maersk operated. You need to coordinate between various internal stakeholders to ensure that all planned units are loaded are per the promise to our customers.|
- Prepare daily gameplans & send to terminals.
- Liaise with the terminal to ensure the most optimal berthing line up for ML vessels.
- Works closely with terminals to ensure productivity is above the agreed performance levels.
- Participates in the Network Change process and secures berthing windows for all ports within scope.
- Manage business critical tight connections considering minimal impact on port productivity / vessel schedules.
- Closely work with vessel operators to execute most optimal schedule for ML vessels.
- Deliver bunker savings & minimize vessel idle time.
- Improve vessel utilization.
- Liaise with LOC cross-functional teams to optimize day-to-day work.
- Identify and execute cost reductions through the SmartOPS process.
- Participate in various projects & deliver timely results.
- Maintain terminal performance records. Highlight non-performance & concern areas, suggest & discuss improvement actions with terminals.
- Maintain overview of all terminals & services in the WCA geography.
- Drives the implementation of improvements and the adoption of new processes within Marine function, through sparring and collaboration with business process owner and functional global community
- Identifies performance improvement initiatives for the assigned processes and ensures adherence to governance
- Conduct root cause analysis and scenario projections to derive new improvement opportunities and cost savings.
|Who we are looking for|
|Ideal candidate will possess;|
- Master’s Degree (preferably in Transportation/Logistics / Maritime Studies / Business Administration)
- Overall 3-4 years’ experience in Customer Service, Operations, Project Management functions are required
- Possess overall knowledge of Marine function and port operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skillful with the use of Microsoft Office
- Project Management experience will be an advantage
- Ability to maintain calm and perform under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder.
- Cargo Execution team
- Capacity Team
- Centre Network
- Centre Operations
- Country Operation
- Husbanding Agents
- Vendors (Bunkering, repairs)
|>||Last application date: 01 October 2017.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|