Finance Business Partner WCSA
|Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will influence the business priorities and overall direction of the WCSA cluster organisation. Based on financial insights and expertise, you will partner with the business to improve Maersk Line’s profitability, constructively challenge the status quo and ensure that business results and performance measures are done on “one set of numbers”. You will take actions to correct reporting quality of agency and operational cost where necessary.|
|A challenging and rewarding opportunity where you will work closely with the leadership and finance team, gain solid exposure across functions (Sales, Trade and Marketing, Customer Service, Operations and Regional/ HQ Finance) as well as have the opportunity to build a strong internal network.|
Through your contributions, you will develop a broad and comprehensive experience and knowledge of Maersk Line’s operations, business and financial performance. In addition, you will gain core analytic and quantitative skills as well as people and presentation skills.
|• Drive the financial review of customer profitability in collaboration with the local leadership team.|
• Validate the financial impact of business decisions including accounting impact, cash flow impact, profitability, financial risk and tax exposure.
• Analyse the collections ratio for surcharges and other ancillary charges; lead discussions with commercial functions on waivers or write-offs.
• Standardise monthly management reporting and support the leadership team on agency performance management; lead follow up actions or plans on the KPIs and business targets.
• Accountable for relevant monthly reports to HQ Financial Planning and Analysis team for commercial review.
|Who we are looking for|
|• A solid financial educational background as Chartered Accountant or equivalent master’s degree in Accounting and Finance.|
• 5 years of relevant finance or accounting experience in an international organisation.
• Knowledge of shipping or transportation industry is preferred.
• Possess a high degree of analytical skills and is capable of combining strategy and financial insights.
• Commercial acumen to understand and challenge numbers based on business agenda.
• Driven, self-starter with a passion for data.
• Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Resilient, persistent and has a sense of urgency.
• Creative problem solving skills. Ability to be structured and organized in his/her approach to problem solving
• Attention to details, thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved
• Fluent communication in English and Spanish.
|>||Last application date: 03 September 2017.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|