|Lázaro CárdenasLocalTerminal Operations/Engineering||Ref.: AT-147885|
|APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network which includes interests in 71 port facilities and a combined 186 combined port and Inland Services operations, employing 20,300 professionals in 63 countries, and on five continents. The company provides port management and operations to over 60 liner shipping customers who serve the world’s leading importers and exporters of containerized and other cargoes.|
APM Terminals is building a strong presence in Mexico through a semi–automated marine terminal in Lazaro Cardenas, which will be the first in Latin America, leveraged by our existing and currently operating APM Terminals intermodal facility in Mexico City. By integrating Marine Terminal and Intermodal operations APM Terminals are responding to the demands of the container transportation industry delivering a complete solution to our customers in Mexico.
Since talented employees are the foundation of our company culture and success, your performance will be rewarded in a way that promotes continued achievement. By generating specialized workforce and looking for the stronger candidates APM Terminals aims to become a benchmark of career opportunities and training in Mexico and the world
|In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:|
Relevant next career steps might be:
- Extensive operational management
- People management skills
- Semi-automation in a container terminal environment
- Leadership skills in leading a large number of people
|Leads and directs all staff, processes and procedures related to Gate in Lazaro Cardenas. |
- Manages direct reports with leadership and coaching to ensure objectives are met in lie with AOP.
- Sets objectives for team and holds them accountable through leadership and coaching.
- Ensures trucks transferring from TEC II is executed to plan with agreed productivity.
- Liases with ASLA and APILAC Administration for continuous improvement in processes and efficiencies.
- Works with TAM on repair progress and safety adherence.
- Ensures gate staff at TEC II execute work as expected per process and within time frame.
- Works closely with control room to ensure problem resolution and exception handling related to the gate.
- Provides training to direct reports
- Finds solutions to gate delays such as mitigating for improvement.
- Coordinate closely with Customer Services to ensure customer expectations and OPS processes are aligned commercially and linked to contracts and revenue generation.
|Who we are looking for|
- Extensive marine operations experience or a college degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Five years or more of strong supervisory experience in container terminal operations environment, or similar, related industry.
- Familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Is conversant with the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) regulations for the on board segregation of hazardous cargoes and storage within a terminal area.
- Understanding of modern terminal planning and control systems.
- Ability to work under pressure, anticipates potential problems and diagnoses, evaluates and resolves logistical problems.
- Has effective customer service skills.
- Provides leadership and ensures cooperation and support from employees and contractors in all areas of terminal operations.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills combined with good counselling and listening skills.
- Adequate level of English oral. Strong communication and report writing skills in Spanish.
- Previous experience of working in a multi cultural environment a plus
- Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognizing the key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative solutions.
- Must be able to juggle multiple high priority items at same time with care and efficiency
|>||Last application date: 28 October 2017.|
For further information, please contact: .
|apmterminals.com||At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|