|DubaiLocal/InternationalShipping Operations||Ref.: ML-147804|
|The Cargo Operator is part of the Cargo Execution team in the Maersk Line West Central Asia Operations cluster and is responsible for enabling cost efficient and smooth cargo operations for our customer’s cargo to and from all vessels calls, both mainliner and feeder vessels carrying Maersk Line cargo.|
This position is part of the West Central Asia Operations cluster (WCALOC). WCALOC is responsible for vessel schedules, allocation management, VSA coordination, port productivity, procuring and controlling Container Yard, Port Expenses and Foreign Feeder costs, load and discharge processes, EMR, Intermodal transport, equipment positioning and evacuation. WCALOC is a highly international environment and consists of approximately 72 driven colleagues and is based in various locations in West Central Asia with the head office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
|Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision, we have expanded our business to become the world's largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.|
We Offer As the leading ocean transportation carrier in the world, we offer exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award winning talent development initiatives. Our competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes health insurance. Our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry and we continue to look for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives. Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
|• Managing several ports, including one of our critical hubs in the Maersk Line shipping network. |
• Seamless cargo operations for Maersk line units to and from vessels, both Maersk and non-Maersk operated.
• You need to coordinate between various internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all planned units are loaded are per the promise to our customers, against the lowest possible cost.
• Costs and service delivery are the key drivers of your daily decisions and you constantly seek structural improvements to drive efficiencies and bring down cost.
• Enable smooth load and discharge operations for Maersk line cargo. Manages the load, discharge and transshipment processes for the ports within scope.
• Continuously reduce operating cost for all Maersk Line cargo operations in West Central Asia.
• Analyzes root causes on unfavorable cost, identifies impacting actions and drives the implementation of cost saving initiatives across the team.
• Improve customer’s satisfaction by ensuring cargo is delivered as per our promise.
• Builds strong working relationships with key internal/external stakeholders, like container terminals and authorities, to continuously drive down cost, improve the product delivered to our customers and optimize processes.
• Closely works together with the country clusters on meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations.
• Works closely with our back office in India on developing and improving the global standardized cargo processes.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Our ideal candidate is a pro-active team player with a visible sense of urgency, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a very dynamic environment. |
• The candidate thrives in a fast-paced operational environment with many priorities at the same time.
• He/she has a mindset focused on daily execution, standardization and continuous improvement to deliver cost-efficient and smooth E2E service delivery to our customers.
• The ideal candidate is passionate about vessel/terminal operations, curious to learn and ambitious to grow in the company.
• He/she can go in detail if required, yet does not lose sight of the bigger operational and commercial picture.
• Experience in operations is preferred, a bachelor degree or higher is required.
|>||Last application date: 16 March 2018.|
For further information, please contact: George Swaminathan, Head of Cargo Execution.
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|