Business Compliance Officer
|Reporting to the Cluster Finance Manager, the Business Compliance Officer (BCO) will ensure continuity in the running of the Agency company as the Company Secretarial Officer. The BCO ensures that all Group Reporting requirements (example: Sustainability Reporting, conducting Fraud Vulnerability Assessments etc) are complied with and supports the Regional Tax Manager to resolve challenges relating to unexpected tax audits as well as support in the submission of local tax returns basis country-specific Tax Compliance Checklist.|
|Knowledge beyond borders: In Maersk, we believe in an environment that focuses on individual talent, skills and interests. We strive to be best in class by utilizing our access to knowledge accumulated in 100+ Maersk countries.|
International exposure: As part of your job you will be building relationships with stakeholders across the globe.
On-the-job learning: You will be given responsibilities right from the start as we promote a steep learning curve across different functions, practices and domains.
We are a dynamic, performance oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture. We live our values and build strong teams of people passionate for their job and dedicated to always change for the better.
- Using specialized knowledge and skills in the compliance field obtained through education, experience, training and certification to ensure and provide advice on compliance with external frameworks and regulations e.g. the company compliance framework or IFRS/Taxation Laws.Providing legal support and counsel on all matters impacting the cluster including but not limited to: Labor Law, Compliance and Anti-Trust, Fraud Prevention and Detection, Etc.
- Assisting in administering and analyzing complex compliance reviews on behalf of Regional/Centre teams, mitigating risk and providing compliance support.
- Annually assessing the Cluster risk gross and net.
- Evaluating each Function/BUs' controls quality and maturity.
- Performing varied work that is difficult in character requiring evaluation, research, ingenuity and analysis to make complex decisions.
- Resolving or recommending solutions to complex problems.
- Assisting/driving projects of of significant scope and complexity.
- Having extensive contact with internal customers is required to identify, research, and resolve complex problems.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a professional lawyer with the following qualifications and traits:|
- Possess a legal working and educational background as a qualified practicing Lawyer or similar.
- Prior proven experience (at least 3 years) in a similar function or in a legal firm focusing on corporate and labor law.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Experience of working closely with offshore teams in service centres will be preferred although not essential.
|>||Last application date: 15 March 2018.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|