Senior Solution Architect
|Join Maersk Line IT, where we are responsible for the delivery and implementation of IT-based business projects. |
As a Senior Solution Architect you will be at the centre of activities, responsible for defining new solutions to identified business requirements and technically guiding other solution architects in the operations delivery portfolio.
|In Maersk Line IT we strive to deliver value to the Maersk Line business, by being best in class in the execution and leadership of our projects. We are looking for an experienced and capable solution architect to join the Operations Delivery Portfolio in Maersk Line IT. You will work closely with the application development and business teams in an energetic environment. You will be involved in the delivery of solutions underpinning the Operations planning and management of our worldwide fleet.|
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
The MLIT Operations Delivery Portfolio has over 70 employees across the world. Created about 3 years ago to support the liner shipping “operations” function, we are in close contact with our business counterparts to improve the way we operate our vessels and transport millions of containers worldwide each year.
|• Reporting to the Head of Governance and Core Apps within the MLIT Operations Delivery Portfolio, you will oversee the further development of the department’s application landscape. |
• You will provide technical leadership to the architecture team to steer projects towards lasting business & IT solutions.
• You will need communication skills in order to work at a senior level within the organisation and be able to influence partners within and outside of the firm.
• You will provide full accountability for design & architecture in the area of MLIT Operations Delivery Portfolio on front line applications or and on vessel applications, for technical integrity and scalability of provided solutions.
• You will be responsible for overviewing data architecture for MLIT Operations Delivery Portfolio in cooperation with the data architect group.
• You will be involved in stakeholder management to ensure that all relevant parties, from centre organisation to vessel’s engineers, are understanding direction and supporting needed changes
• You will be overseeing mobility solutions.
• Please note that we are not the application operators, hence there is no related responsibility. However we are working closely together with the maintenance team and supporting them on request
|Who we are looking for|
|As our ideal candidate you will have:|
• The ability to challenge the status quo.
• Awareness and assertiveness to raise concerns regarding ongoing projects in early stages.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other IT related field.
• At least 10 years of IT architecture experience on enterprise level
• Fluent English ability in writing, conversation and negotiation
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent knowledge of Business Process and IT Solutions
• Ability to see the big picture and to deal with conflicting requirements, work under pressure
• Strong communication and advisory skills
• Strong interpersonal skills/personal impact
• Focus on innovation
• Expertize in leading and facilitating meetings
• Leadership and coaching/mentoring skills
|>||Last application date: 14 November 2016.|
|maerskline.com||The Maersk culture is built on heritage, sustained through innovative thinking, and prided for the level of trust it has earned throughout the years. Without our employees, none of this would be possible. For over a century, Maersk has been doing business in industries where trust means everything. The secret behind Maersk’s reputation as a credible and valuable business partner is its people. In every business unit, in every office around the world, Maersk has always been driven by a strong team spirit, and an even stronger sense of pride. At Maersk, every employee is empowered to achieve and surpass their potential, while remaining focused on creating lasting business relationships and long-term, sustainable success.|
| ||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|