Production Chemical Engineer - 12 Month Duration
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently recruiting for an experienced Productin Chemist to join our team on an initial time limited 12 month contract. The main purpose of the role is to drive safe, environmentally acceptable and efficient production through production chemical application and chemical applied services in the Al-Shaheen Field.|
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|• Collaborate with the integrity and reliability department on: Chemical skid failures, injection quills, online monitoring tools and pipelines pigging programs.|
• Chemistry support on applied service programs including chemical cleaning for operation unit and process equipment; evaluate the cleaning applied services results and applied services targets to achieve.
• Conduct field trial of chemicals and support tendering process
• Optimise the dehydration of the crude oil and treatment of produced water through chemical application and within specifications.
• Minimise corrosion and scaling issues by driving optimal chemical injection rates - within the limitation of the process equipment.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Engineering or Chemistry degree.|
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in the oil & gas industry.
• Experience in working with production chemistry issues including support of chemical tender processes and chemical optimization exercises.
• Fundamental knowledge of chemistry, process operations, corrosion, materials, fluid dynamics, oil and gas production.
• Self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively within multi-disciplined teams.
• Good communication skills
• Computer literate with analytical and enquiring approach
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|