Finance Associate (PTP - Procure to Pay)
|Pasig / ManilaLocalFinance/Accounting||Ref.: AP-105296|
|Finance and Accounting Process works on accounting processes from regions including America, Europe, Africa and Asia. The team has an active participation in the corporate drive for process standardization and enhancements, which has resulted in higher efficiencies, uniformity of accounting practices and quality & consistent management reporting.|
|As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren’t all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.|
|• Responsible in execution of daily task such as but not limited to invoice posting, invoice reversals and other exception handling related to invoice process.|
• Ability to perform month end activities such as preparation of accrual, sustainability and recurring payments monitoring.
• As the vendor relations for agency cost, the incumbent should be able to handle queries thru phone or email coming from cluster, location or other teams and department concerning the invoice postings.
• Carry out all activities in a manner which will contribute to the achievement of individual and team Key Performance Indicators.
• Process the necessary transaction in an efficient, cost effective and lawful manner.
• Coordinate daily work with direct superior in his/her absence
• Maximize productivity per working hour in order to meet productivity objectives
• Without exception, adhere to process and account Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Internal Operating Procedures (IOPs) during daily operations
• Respond to all inquiries in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure that the Finance and Accounting Department is rendering an effective service to internal and external clients.
• Avoid occurrence of errors and take preventive measures to eliminate repetition of errors.
• Provide back up support within the team. Be part of maintaining a motivating workplace and safe working environment for all team and department colleagues.
• Make recommendations for how to improve processes and procedures. Minimize the need to handle exceptions.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Bachelor’s/College Degree in Accountancy, Finance or equivalent|
• At least 1-2 years’ work experience in handling Collections or Accounts Receivables/Payable or any end to end general accounting processes. This is preference and not essential.
• High level of comprehension, excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to think on his/her feet
• Good English communication skills, both spoken and written
• Familiarity with MS Office applications, MACROS, and SAP, a plus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment
• Ability to work under pressure
• Amenable to work on shifting schedules (day, mid or night) and during weekends
|maersk.com||The current times show that managing supply chain is key to responding to change and even crisis. At Maersk, this is the big opportunity and an extremely exciting time to integrate global supply chains to benefit the customer, community and lift the society in times of need. From its focus on offshoring opportunities when it was established in 1999, Maersk GSC’s competencies have since grown significantly aiming to put customers at the centre of business. Maersk GSC operates from 7 locations across the world: India - Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Bengaluru; China ‐ Chengdu; Philippines ‐ Manila; Morocco ‐ Tangier. The GSC comprises of some of the best minds in engineering, digital innovation, finance, commercial, operations and information technology that develop innovative end-to-end solutions providing best in class customer experience.|