|Maersk Oil is on an exciting journey to adapt to a changing industry landscape and seize the opportunity for growth. If you would like to put your mark on this journey and at the same time take a step forward in your career by joining the Maersk Group, we have an exciting opportunity for you. |
|Reporting to the Head of Strategy you will play an important role in our Strategy Team which supports all of Maersk Oil. The position will give you excellent insight into Maersk Oil and the opportunity to impact the direction of the company, as well as wide exposure to and a strong network within Maersk Oil and parts of the Maersk Group. |
A new head of strategy has recently started with a refreshed mandate for the team and several positions in the team are now open simultaneously to supplement the team members in place. As such, you will be able to play a role in forming and developing the team and how we work within our mandate.
ABOUT THE STRATEGY TEAM
The Strategy Teams overall purpose is to support the executive team to ensure, that Maersk Oil acts according to a cohesive and fact based strategy. To do this, the team provides ongoing strategic analysis and market insight and drives the development and communication of the Maersk Oil strategy in close collaboration with the Executive team. Further the team provides support to strategic projects and drives the implementation of the Maersk Oil Enterprise Risk Management framework.
|In the strategy team great emphasis is placed on delivering professional, impartial and high-quality support to the organization, reflecting the importance and sensitivity of the work we do. At the same time, we will build a team characterized by a supportive and fun atmosphere, support for personal development and strong working relations with the rest of the company. As a team member, you will be important in supporting these goals. |
The overall responsibilities of the Strategy team are explained below. Given the dynamic nature of the work we do, all team members will participate in tasks as needed, though primary responsibilities are assigned. As Strategic Advisor your primary responsibilities will include:
• Providing fact-based analysis on strategic issues
• Developing and communicating market insights, including e.g:
− Ongoing developments in the oil and gas markets
− Deep-dive studies on relevant trends
− Peer bench-marking
• Supporting the annual strategy process
• Driving the Maersk Oil Enterprise Risk Management Process
• Leading and/or participating in strategically important projects
• Providing ad hoc support to the CEO and CFO as needed
|Who we are looking for|
|A top talented professional who is able to deliver excellent performance in a fast paced environment without compromising quality and attention to detail.|
Relevant experience includes:
• Strong academic record with a masters level business / economics or technical (geoscience / engineering) degree
• Successful track record in top-tier management consulting of likely 1-2 years, alternatively in investment banking or inhouse-consulting in a Fortune 500 company
• 5+ years working in an industry recognized E&P company
We require the following professional and personal competencies:
• A strategic mindset and passion for converting complex problems into practical solutions
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Experience as a team member in complex processes and projects with multiple stakeholders
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work constructively with colleagues across the organization
• Personal presence and the ability to combine an independent perspective with a humble and listening approach
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Fluency in written and oral English is a requirement. Danish is not a requirement.
|>||Last application date: 08 May 2016.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|