|EsbjergLocalOil Operations/Production||Ref.: MO-101212|
|Do you have work experience within corrosion mechanisms from integrity of Process piping from oil and gas or similar production facilities? And would you like to be part of a highly qualified inspection environment and work on challenging offshore integrity tasks? |
|A unique opportunity for a skilled professional with a background or knowledge within None Destructive Testing and corrosion assessments. In this position, you have the overall responsibility for the topside piping inspection on the Halfdan offshore facilities.|
As Topside Corrosion Engineer, your role is fundamental in maintaining our offshore topside production piping as part of a highly motivated and qualified Inspection team with varying fields of expertise. You will join an international and challenging environment in the Inspection, Repair and Maintenance (IRM) Department, Halfdan Asset, within the Danish Business Unit at Maersk Oil in Esbjerg.
|You will be responsible for inspecting all the above water process piping, assessing the internally and externally condition. This includes risk based inspection using NDT for internal and visual inspection of external condition, evaluation of finding and assessing degradation mechanism. You can expect to travel offshore for a week period a couple of time every year. |
You will cooperate with other piping inspection engineers and across other discipline areas.
You need to have a sense of urgency and bring about optimal solutions that are also financially sound on the table. Your mission is to make all the different tasks come together to form a synthesis, so depending on the size/complexity of the task, you either complete the projects independently or make sure that others conduct them.
Moreover, your typical daily tasks will be a combination of:
- Conducting and planning inspection of topside piping
- Carrying out 1-to-1 replacements and minor projects
- Ensuring inspection plans are incorporated into the Asset tasks
- Budget responsibility
- Contribute to our safety performance, both through active behaviour as well as embedding safety in deliveries
- Participate in risk based assessments and risk based inspection of pipework
|Who we are looking for|
|It is important that you possess a strong personal drive and are comfortable making decisions as you will need to take charge and solve issues and ad hoc problems quickly. As such, you thrive working independently and taking systematic and structured approach to problem solving without comprising safety, integrity & reliability.|
At the same time, you are a team player with good communication and networking skills.
Moreover you have:
- 5-10 years of experience, preferably a combination of on-the-site experience as well as an analytical approach
- Hold a BSc or MSc in chemical engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Inspection Engineering, metallurgy or similar relevant educational background. A documented career path with other relevant experience will also be acceptable.
- Have knowledge and work experience within inspection work and corrosion mechanisms
- Knowledge and preferably experience within working with Non Destructive Testing
- Have strong analytical skills as well as IT flair, enabling you to easily learn new specialist programmes
- Speak and write Danish and English and be able to write reports and recommendations in Danish and English
- Must be able to travel offshore on a regular basis
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|