|Do you seek to further develop your analytical and financial business impact expertize in a recognized organization with excellent development opportunities? |
Maersk Oil Danish Business Unit (DBU) is looking for an Economist to join the Financial Planning & Economics team, part of the Planning, Performance & Economics (PP&E) department. The position can be based in either Copenhagen or Esbjerg.
|As an Economist you will be responsible for economic analysis and consolidation of projects, Assets and the Maersk Oil DBU portfolio of existing and future oil and gas projects. You will work closely together with the entire PP&E team located in both Esbjerg and Copenhagen while reporting to the Financial Planning & Economics Manager|
In addition you will be contributing to related PP&E financial processes e.g. budgets etc. as a sparring partner for the team of Business Analysts. As such you will be working as an integrator across processes, functions, people and location.
|The job requires that you are able to focus on details whilst maintaining an overview and that you are able to present analysis, insights and results to management as well as project teams. In order to achieve success in the role you should be a strong communicator striving for corporation between people with various different background and competencies. In addition to this you:|
- Work closely with project managers to optimize the economic value of projects while ensuring that the analysis are prepared timely and to the right quality
- Ensure that decision-making is based on comprehensive economic analysis and considers all relevant scenarios, options, sensitivities and risks
- Prepare analysis and results for Investment Proposals, economic reports and gate crossings to support decision making
- Continuously support the business with portfolio planning at the Asset level as part of quarterly and yearly financial planning deliverables
|Who we are looking for|
- You have a master’s degree or equivalent in economics or finance and you hold a solid understanding of financial analysis, preferably in the oil industry.
- 2 -5 years of experience working as an Economist/Financial Analyst
- You have a proven track record in use of economics scenarios. You are genuinely interested in working with complex financial models and you are eager to use your existing theoretical knowledge.
- You are able to demonstrate strong presentation and stakeholder management skills
- You are fluent in verbal and written English
- You have experience in financial modeling using excel and/or other tools
Please note that interviews are conducted on an ongoing basis so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|