Qatari Development Programme - Procurement Assistant
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently developing and expanding the facilities in the Al Shaheen Field offshore Qatar. The Qatari Development Programme (QDP) is a two year programme designed specifically for recent University graduates to help them make the transition from the academic environment to the professional workplace. Some focus areas of this programme are learning about yourself & others, building relationships with colleagues and managers, organizing and prioritizing tasks and workload, as well as project management. This includes various methods such as workshops, Action Learning Sets, on the job learning, and group work.|
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
- Learn and understand and apply the principles of procurement governance as defined by Maersk Oil Qatar's Project Maturation Process (PMP), Procurement Standard, QP Tender Procedures and best practice.
- Become an expert in articulating value propositions and strategies with Stakeholders, Project Managers/Engineers to ensure effecive procurement.
- Thorough knowledge of general conditions of contracting combined with a first class relationship with lawyers.
- Collaboration to reduce silo-based decision making.
- Understand and demonstrate accountability thereby facilitating effective cross-functional interaction and improved outcomes for the project.
- Learn and understand they dynamics and volatility of market segments and their unique characteristics.
- Learn and understand demand requirements including the concept of technical scopes of work, commercial options, milestones, budgets and cost estimates.
- Formulate procurement strategies to deliver the demand requirements including risk assessment and mitigations.
- Proficient practitioner in sourcing, tendering, tender evaluation, negotiation and prepartation of formal documentation including Invitations to Tender (ITT), Tender Evaluation Reports, Negotiation Strategies and Award Recommendations.
- Understand and apply effective Contractor performance management in conjunction with Project Managers/Engineers.
- Ensure that information is maintained securely and confidentially in accordance with data retention procedures.
|Who we are looking for|
|Qatari nationals with 0-2 years work experience who have a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business and/or Finance from an accredited University with a final GPA of no less than 3.0.|
|>||Last application date: 24 September 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|