Regional Head of Compliance
|West & Central Asia region of Maersk Line is looking for a Compliance professional to join our team as Regional Head of Compliance and support us with legal and compliance advice.|
|• A strong heritage in our corporate values. You will join an organisation that values integrity and genuinely cares for doing the right thing. To learn more about our approach to values and anticorruption, read: http://www.maersk.com/en/the-maersk-group/about-us/publications/maersk-post/2014-4/the-true-cost-of-corruption |
• A large, ambitious, innovative and fast paced organisation operating in countries all over the world with very diverse challenges. This will give you a unique opportunity to develop as a professional and further develop and innovate how we do legal compliance in Maersk Line.
• Your reporting line will be into the Centre Legal and Compliance team in Maersk Line’s Copenhagen headquarters. You will also work as part of a team with the other regional heads of compliance located in Maersk Line’s other 7 regions as well as be part of the larger global Maersk Group legal community.
|• Support our regional organisations with legal and compliance advice with an initial strong focus on anti-corruption. Be the regional legal compliance point of contact and coordination for legal compliance areas. |
• Your scope includes the commercial regional headquarters, our local organisations and offices as well as the local operations centre managing operations in the region.
• Drive and contribute to the continuing development of legal compliance including an initial strong focus on our anti-corruption compliance programme which will include:
1) Compliance and integrity risk assessments and due diligence
2) Handling of the day-to-day queries and issues
3) Communication and training
4) Manage whistle-blower reports and when necessary conduct investigations
5) Design and lead local anti-corruption initiatives
6) Report to and assist the Centre Legal and compliance team.
|Who we are looking for|
|• You have solid experience in both implementing and managing legal compliance and working in a global multi-stakeholder environment. |
• You are able to and enjoy finding new solutions in order for us to continuously do and be better.
• You are curious, practically minded and enjoy connecting with people and work in a leadership role.
• It is crucial to your success that you are able to explain legal concepts and risk in a practical and simple way.
• As you will continue our work to run an intelligence-driven compliance programme, you are analytical and share our appreciation for data-driven work.
• You have a practical approach with the ability to balance business interests with law and risk while ensuring our values are not breached.
• You have a strong sense of integrity and always act based on facts.
• You can prioritise multiple tasks and obligations.
• Proficiency in English is a pre-requisite.
• You have strong communication skills. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are therefore a must.
• You seek to continuously improve your own skills and the way we manage legal compliance in Maersk Line.
• Extensive experience in legal, risk/compliance positions legally qualified /trained.
• You are expected to travel to our local offices, in the region, occasionally to Copenhagen and our vessels.
|>||Last application date: 04 October 2015.|
|maerskline.com||Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.|