General Manager-HSSE- AME Region
|The APMT AME Region is located in Dubai and covers the following geographic areas: Africa (excludes North Africa and the Mediterranean coast) and Middle East. The Region includes wholly owned terminals, and joint ventures with a current portfolio of 13 terminals and numerous Inland Services entities.|
For the Africa and Middle East regional office in Dubai, UAE, we are seeking a HSSE Manager who will make a significant impact on safety of the portfolio of APM Terminal facilities in the AME region.
The goal is to add value to the terminal organization by providing a driving force for safe productivity.
We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and detail orientated individual to drive the overall safety improvement of our port facilities.
Dubai is an international city located in the United Arab Emirates with a broad cultural base and access to International schools and numerous activities.
The HSSE Manager will be part of the HSSE management team responsible for specific focus on driving overall safety improvement. This position will be responsible to deliver improved health, safety, security and environmental results and manage the change management process required to achieve this.
|• A challenging experience at one of APMT’s fastest growing regions that will be striving to achieve the highest levels of safe operational efficiency and customer service.|
• You will be responsible for effectively driving the overall safety improvement within the regional terminal portfolio.
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to achieve a solid professional foundation and future career opportunities within the APM Terminals portfolio.
|• Drive the improvement of the overall health, safety, security and environmental performance of all terminals within the AME Region through focused terminal visits, audits, projects, training, workshops and other initiatives. |
• Implementation of health, safety, security and environmental best practices targeted at improving HSSE results, efficiency and the terminal bottom line.
• Governance and performance management of terminal HSSE programs.
• Assist at a strategic level to ensure the regional level of HSSE is to APM terminals standards.
• Responsible for providing the terminal management teams with the necessary level of HSSE support, assistance, guidance and direction wherever and whenever necessary.
• Measured on assigned key performance indicators and results of projects assigned.
• Evaluate and assist in the hiring of Terminal HSSE Managers, as needed.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Successful record in leading large, complex safety improvement transformations at multiple international diverse sites within emerging markets.|
• 10+ years proven HSSE track record in regional terminal operations.
• Have a higher degree and /or certification in HSSE management.
• Knowledge and experience in Container Port Operations.
• Knowledge and experience in ISPS code (specifically PFSO related).
• Knowledge and experience of Environmental Management Systems.
• Knowledge and experience of Africa and the Middle East Region.
• Knowledge and experience of Serious Accident Investigation.
• Experience in delivering HSSE workshops.
• Good conflict resolution and relationship building skills.
• Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Self-starter with ability to influence and impact others, as well as excellent managerial skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Flexibility to travel 50-75% of the time, including to some hardship locations.
|>||Last application date: 05 October 2015.|
|apmterminals.com||At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|