Team Lead for Head Quarter Controlling
|Maersk Oil Copenhagen Finance is in search of a highly capable and ambitious team lead with excellent and proven skills within Controlling and Management Reporting. The candidate will be the direct leader of the Controlling team of 3 ambitious Finance Analysts and will assume the full responsibility for the Cost Controlling and Management reporting for the parent company, Mærsk Olie & Gas AS. The team lead is reporting to the Head of Finance in Copenhagen. |
|The working day in the Copenhagen Finance is challenging and performance oriented with a strong focus on constant care, uprightness and accountability. As colleagues we aim for optimism, humbleness and respect for others.|
The Team Leader for Controlling in Copenhagen provides an excellent opportunity for developing leadership skills and interactions with the global finance community.
The primary interfaces are:
• Reporting and Consolidation department in Copenhagen
• Copenhagen Executive Management
• Maersk Oil and APMM Tax Teams
• External and internal Auditors
• Global Finance Community
• Day to day leadership of key staff.
• Giving directional guidance to ensure effective performance of individuals and the group as a whole. Lead the group, ensuring co-ordination of activities, supervision, alignment of goals and objectives and appraisal of individuals.
• Maintain appropriate knowledge levels within the Copenhagen General Accounting Team by ensuring relevant training and understanding of key industry/group issues.
Financial and Management Reporting
• Ensure Copenhagen Cost Control Department reports valid, auditable financial numbers, in line with appropriate standards
• Work closely with Global and Local Danish Functions and be a true Business partner
• Ensure correct accounting and classification of costs across all corporate functions
• Ensure high quality forecasts are prepared for the corporate functions with quality variance analysis
• Ensure high quality Management Reporting is prepared on a monthly basis for the corporate functions with quality variance analysis against forecast
• Monitor rolling forecast performance and generally providing management with accurate, timely, and comprehensive quality financial information
• Communication of business objectives and performance, ensuring that the necessary routine and ad-hoc management information is supplied timely and accurately to enable effective decision making and performance management.
• Provide Cost Control guidelines and direction to Management and Finance Representatives in the Corporate Functions.
Risk and Controls
• Ensure compliance with documented internal controls, maintaining documented processes, verifying appropriateness of identified risks and relevant controls to mitigate said risks. Programme of testing and review to be maintained.
• Ensure controls are in place for the management of DOA’s, Master Data and Transfer pricing
• Ensure effective financial evaluation of Partners and Customers takes place
|Who we are looking for|
| • A strong theoretical background holding a master degree with superior results in Finance Management Accounting. |
• Relevant practical experience within Finance Management Accounting (5-10 years), preferably from the upstream oil industry.
• Deep knowledge of accounting policies, including international accounting standards.
• Thorough understanding of internal control and risk management framework.
• Good knowledge of the SAP and BI solution.
• Ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels within the organisation.
• Ability to constructively challenge and influence others.
• Business awareness and proven analytical skills to ensure value add to the organisation.
• Proven ability to effectively lead teams.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments whilst ensuring on time delivery.
• Ability to focus effort and prioritise work to deliver business value.
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|