Senior Strategic Advisor
|As Senior Strategy Advisor within Maersk Oil, Strategy, you will be exposed to a wide range of tasks and development opportunities, and play a key role in strengthening the strategy function, including the link to the newly formed Growth function. You will be part of the Global Finance Team in Maersk Oil, and will support our leadership teams at APMM level, at Maersk Oil Executive level and at Business Unit level. |
|As Senior Strategy Advisor in the Maersk Oil Corporate Strategy Team you will be reporting to the Head of Strategy and will be exposed to a wide range of tasks and development opportunities.|
The position is based in Copenhagen, where you will be surrounded by the positive atmosphere of an international workforce. The Corporate Strategy Team is part of Maersk Oil’s headquarter organization, and supports all of Maersk Oil, including Business Units in e.g. Norway, Qatar, the UK and Kazakhstan.
The position will give you excellent insight into Maersk Oil, the opportunity to impact the business direction of the company, as well as wide exposure and a strong network within Maersk Oil.
|You will – as an industry specialist - be part of a small, dedicated team involved in diversified tasks, including strategy formulation, annual strategy reviews, global portfolio management, CEO/CFO support, industry benchmarking, investor communications and strategy analysis and planning. |
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead and participate in the development of a new annual strategy process
• Lead the development of board materials and communication of strategic materials and analyses to senior management
• Lead and participate in workgroups and projects around strategic initiatives, many ad-hoc
• Participate in strategy execution initiatives
• Prepare Capital Markets Day materials for Maersk Oil
• Participate in portfolio analysis and portfolio management recommendations
• Coordinate strategy input including country evaluations and industry trend analyses
• Participate in industry benchmarking and analysis, including scenario planning, in support of strategy formulation and communication
|Who we are looking for|
|You have a proven track record, strong analytical and communication skills and can easily build and manage relationships at all levels, including at c-level management. You are a team player but can also stand on your own feet. |
You are motivated by a dynamic, varied work environment. You are comfortable meeting short deadlines and have the ability to deliver a quality product in a timely manner, to top level executives.
Further, with your strong analytical skills and structured approach, you can turn complex matters into business concepts that are easily understood.
• A technical (geoscience or engineering) or business/economics degree combined with an MBA degree
• 10+ years experience, partly gained in an in-house strategy function and/or strategy consulting firm, ideally with an in-depth understanding of the energy sector
• Oil industry background and international work experience considered a definite plus
|>||Last application date: 28 August 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|