Qatari Development Programme - Petroleum Engineer
|DohaGraduateReservoir/Petroleum Engineering||Ref.: MO-082084|
|Maersk Oil Qatar is currently developing and expanding the facilities in the Al Shaheen Field offshore Qatar. The Qatari Development Programme is a programme designed specifically for fresh graduates from University to help them to make the transition from the academic environment to the professional workplace.|
|Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.|
|• Develop basic understanding of process safety and contribute to continuous improvement of safety and ensuring safety in all activities.|
• Ensure that safe work processes are executed and comply with relevant health, safety (occupational & process) and environmental excellence procedures and controls within area of responsibility to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
• As part of the on-going effort to enhance support and collaboration between the Subsurface Discipline Area, the Asset teams and Drilling/Well Services, the Subsurface Support Team is continuously engaged in projects and activities that strive to improve efficiency to meet the challenges of the daily business requirements with the technical support of a multidisciplinary team.
• Plan and monitor Reservoir Engineering related operations including onshore and offshore supervision of logging, well testing, stimulation and injection/production well optimization.
• Improve existing and participate in developing new methods and technologies to:
• Reduce operating and development costs.
• Increase oil recovery.
• Improve work efficiency.
• Provide and develop technical expertise in all areas of reservoir and production engineering related to the exploration, appraisal, development, and production of hydrocarbons in areas operated by Maersk Oil Qatar AS.
• Monitor and analyse performance of reservoirs, wells and facilities with analytical methods and numerical simulation.
|Who we are looking for|
|Qatari nationals with 0-2 years work experience who have a Bachelors degree in an Engineering field from an accredited University with a final GPA of no less than 3.0.|
|>||Last application date: 30 November 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Qatar AS is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar (MOQ) is the sole operator of Al Shaheen field. |
The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|