Junior Gas Trading Analyst
|CopenhagenLocalCommodity Trading||Ref.: MO-082066|
|Maersk Oil’s decision to move into asset backed trading has generated the need for a Junior Gas Trading Analyst to assist the growing activities in the Global Energy Trading team.|
|An exciting job opportunity in our Corporate Headquarters with global exposure to our worldwide activities. The position will require some traveling to our overseas business units and commercial counterparts.|
You will be an integrated member of a small, dedicated team responsible for the natural gas marketing and trading activities within Maersk Oil. The position provides a unique opportunity to help shape the future trading activities within the company making sure that we maximise the value of our natural gas assets.
|You will be part of the Global Energy Trading team, responsible for running the asset backed trading activities within Maersk Oil.|
- Take part of the daily balancing and trading of our gas portfolio including a 24/7 duty rotation.
- Conduct market analysis to support trading decisions and regular involvement with counterparties and external stakeholders to secure Maersk Oil´s interests.
- Negotiate framework agreements with our Counterparties.
- Through Global Energy Trading you will assist in making sure that we optimise value through an accepted risk profile
|Who we are looking for|
|You are a Junior Gas Trading Analyst preferably with the following experience:|
- 1-3 years of relevant experience from an energy trading company or within the trading function of an E&P company, preferably with focus on natural gas.
- Experience with financial instruments and energy market analysis.
- Has a master degree in Finance, Economics or similar.
- Able to perform in an environment which can be hectic and stressful.
- Strong analytical skills and a team player with a structured mind set.
|>||Last application date: 07 September 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|