Senior Legal Counsel
|Are you ambitious and powered by big challenges? We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to support our drilling business and work closely with the entire Maersk Drilling organization. You will participate in challenging international legal work with exposure to senior management within the A.P. Moller-Maersk group. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic and growing company, where you will get close to the business and have the opportunity to make a real impact.|
|As Senior Legal Counsel in Maersk Drilling you will work closely with the business to achieve our ambitious goals. The legal department supports all aspects of the Maersk Drilling business unit. |
You will be offered a rare opportunity to gain insight in a very international business and to participate in challenging international legal work with exposure to senior management within the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. You will additionally be offered a competitive salary package based on your experience.
Maersk Drilling has its corporate head office in Lyngby, Denmark, and you will be part of a department with 11 highly specialised lawyers who support Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service. The position is based on local terms and conditions.
|You will be responsible for providing first class legal support to the Maersk Drilling business unit. |
Your responsibilities will include:
• Drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts relating to all Maersk Drilling’s activities, including drilling contracts with major international oil companies and contracts with partners and sub-contractors.
• Setting up corporate structures in new areas of operation and advising on day-to-day matters in often challenging countries.
• Working closely with major international law firms in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia.
• Advising on and handling legal disputes arising in Maersk Drilling.
• Explaining complex legal concepts to stakeholders in other
departments within Maersk Drilling.
• Understanding and communicating liability and risk profiles across the asset portfolio.
|Who we are looking for|
|You have knowledge of and at least 6 years experience from either a law firm or an international organisation. |
You have broad experience with contract law and international contracts. Preferably you also have knowledge of English law as the majority of our contracts are governed by English law. It is furthermore an advantage if you have knowledge of company and oil and gas law and/or experience with the offshore industry.
As a person you are:
• A high performer that thrives in a challenging and often unpredictable business environment
• A skilled negotiator
• Analytical and good at focusing on what is important even when faced with complex issues.
• Able to handle and prioritize many tasks at the same time
• Very commercially minded
• Team oriented
• Self-driven and willing to take individual responsibility
• Able to speak, read and write English fluently
• Willing to travel 30-60 days a year
For further information, please contact: .
|maersk.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.|