|In partnership with Qatar Petroleum, Maersk Oil Qatar operates one of the world’s most complex fields, offshore at Al Shaheen. It produces over one-third of Qatar’s oil. Turning marginal and challenging fields into successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil’s growth since it began in 1962. Maersk Oil has now recovered in excess of one billion barrels of oil from the field, which currently produces around 300,000 barrels of oil per day. Success has come from Maersk Oil’s experience, expertise and close relationships. We employ talented professionals who enjoy challenging careers which contribute to the country’s growth.|
Working in a multicultural environment where safety, integration and collaboration are key factors for driving success, Maersk Oil can offer a challenging and rewarding environment where an individual can make a significant impact and contribution to the development and growth of the organisation while building a successful career that can lead to exciting opportunities with the A.P Moller-Maersk group.
Maersk Oil Qatar A/S offers a wide range of education and career opportunities for employees possessing necessary skills and competencies.
We offer competitive salary with family status and relocation to Doha if required.
|General Description includes pipeline design and analysis of an assigned scope of work relating to the Field Development Plan, including specific deliverables such as pipeline and risers design, pipeline routing and approach drawings, pipeline stability design, pipeline crossing design, cathodic protection design, pipeline installation engineering, material selection and welding procedure. Work includes, among other things; conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, routing studies, buckling studies, constructability studies, material take-offs, design calculations, specification development and supervising development of installation engineering procedures by Contractors.|
Through a line-of-sight reporting and governance structure the Pipeline Lead Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to:
• Assist pipeline engineering team in the transition from the concept selection phase to FEED and beyond;
• Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are designed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner;
• Supervise the work of other pipeline engineers on projects related to the field development plan;
• Perform pipeline engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of pipeline engineering issues and problems;
• Be a major contributor in the preparation and consistency of the following deliverable’s; ITT Packages, Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Project Schedule, Project Quality Plan, Functional System Specifications, Statement of Requirements, Equipment Data Sheets, Material Take-Off’s, Vendor Document Manuals, As-built Documents;
• Assure compliance with established safety policies and procedures and practices safe work habits throughout all stages/phases of the project;
• Assist in management and coordination of activities from a functional engineering perspective;
• Coordinate efforts of technical disciplines to assure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements;
• Assist in creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitors activities, progress, and milestones;
• Assist in creation and coordination of project manhour and cost estimates and budgets, and monitors progress and performance against these;
• Assist in creation of project procedures for performance of administrative, project, and design tasks in accordance with contractual obligations;
• Identify and evaluate issues/events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project quality, scope, cost, or schedule;
• Define, manage and/or coordinate project activities that are in compliance with the ‘final’ scope and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and planning are achieved with an ambition level of ‘execute with excellence’;
• Evaluate and recommend pre-engineering and engineering concepts, designs and development for pipeline and riser systems associated with the Company's oil and gas production, pressure maintenance, transport and export;
• Ensure technical integrity and HSE requirements are met cost effectively throughout the development cycle;
• Provide expert/consultancy service to other engineers/users and approves designs for modifications and/or requests for pipeline engineering support.
|Who we are looking for|
|We are looking for a Pipeline Lead Engineer, with a recognised degree in a related Engineering subject and experience in the definition and design of both brownfield and greenfield offshore oil & gas facilities. |
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a minimum of 15 years’ of relevant offshore pipeline engineering experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience on ITT package development, FEED and Detailed Engineering phases for offshore pipelines systems;
• High awareness of ‘Incident Free’ and ‘Process Safety’ in this challenging development environment;
• High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, pre-commissioning, installation, hook-up and commissioning offshore pipeline systems specifically, and oil & gas facilities in general;
• Excellent understanding of the fundamentals of offshore process and utility system design, related to pipeline systems;
• Familiarity with offshore pipeline installation methods;
• Strong capability in pipeline design E2E (between Launcher / Receivers on separate offshore facilities) on both Greenfield and Brownfield developments, including budget and schedule estimation, installation implications, system integration and start-up challenges;
• Familiarity with the codes and standards of DNV, ISO, ASME, API and ANSI, and is current on new scientific engineering methods (Offshore Middle East and Europe/UK);
• Familiarity with multidiscipline design reviews (layout reviews, HAZOPs, etc.), including 3rd party verification and certification;
• Have excellent teamwork skills and be able to work with various stakeholders to resolve issues and reach decisions that are in the best interests of delivering development projects;
• Have excellent computer skills, in particular MS Office and proficient in the use of industry standard engineering applications (e.g. OFFPIPE, CAESAR II, AutoPIPE, PIPESIM, etc.);
• Ability to effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
• Strong communication, networking, collaboration and well developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams;
• Highly competent interpersonal and influencing skills to tactfully and diplomatically manage ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty in a culturally diverse environment;
• Strong interpersonal and English communication skills – verbal and written;