Head of TO Projects
|LyngbyLocalGeneral Management||Ref.: MD-072157|
|Do you have the strong positive leadership skills and technical insight needed to be the next Head of TO Projects…?|
|Based in Lyngby near Copenhagen, the Head of TO Projects has overall responsibility for rig maintenance and upgrade projects. Managing a team of 45-50, the Head of TO Projects is responsible for the planning, programme and project management for the yard stays of the entire Maersk Drilling fleet. |
During 2014, Maersk Drilling conducted 5 yard stays in multiple locations including New Orleans, Baku, Esbjerg, Palermo and Singapore. There are 2 yard stays planned for 2015 which gives ample opportunity to review the lessons learned and put in place procedures to improve processes and the management of similar projects in the future.
There is a focus in Maersk Drilling on performing class maintenance and modification projects whilst in operation rather than during a yard stay to reduce time in the yard and project spend. The Head of TO Projects will manage multiple Programme Managers who in turn will oversee projects that fall into the same category so as to ensure economies and best-practice.
The Head of TO Projects will also work closely with Asset Managers, Operations Managers and other parts of Maersk Drilling to ensure all stakeholders, both internal and external, are working together.
|You will have the overall responsibility for rig maintenance and upgrade projects. You will be leading a team of Programme Managers/Project Managers, each of them in turn leading their own core team with different backgrounds.|
As Head of TO Projects you will:
• Ensure the development of the department in accordance with Maersk Drilling’s strategic priorities
• Ensure that design, engineering and project management are in compliance with contractual requirements, good industry practice and rules, regulations and standards as applicable
• Ensure strong project management
• Strong focus on leading through supporting and developing your team to deliver projects on time. You will be sharing best practice and thus be developing competencies throughout the Technical Organisation
• Ensure that time and cost for ongoing projects meet the agreed schedule and budget
• Ensure that in all matters, prior to decision, an economic and businesslike assessment is made so that work is executed with the utmost efficiency and the best economical result for life time cost
• As some projects may run for years, you will be building a strong co-operative environment, setting the direction and continuously motivating the teams to keep work output and job satisfaction high
• In particular, you will be ensuring the execution phase of simultaneous projects is done as effectively as possible to minimise the overall business impact for Maersk Drilling
• Another vital part of the position will be stakeholder management, as you will be building a large network and interfacing with many customers, suppliers and colleagues from across the globe
• Actively support the innovation processes in Maersk Drilling
|Who we are looking for|
|You have a track record of visible and positive leadership. You have 5+ years of experience with technical project management, preferably within the offshore industry. You have a deep understanding of the key drivers and levers that influence business performance and you master stakeholder management on a very high level.|
As a manager you are:
• Skilled at managing change and constantly looking to challenge the norms to do things better
• Strong leader of leaders. Excellent at leading through, supporting and developing your team to deliver projects on time
• You keep the bigger picture in mind at all times, yet you understand the importance of minding the details – from the minor to the larger ones
• High energy level and able to drive yourself and your team forward. Similarly, you can function as a leader throughout the organization and be a role model for our culture and values
• Live and promote the company values of Maersk Drilling
• Support and hold your leaders accountable for delivering results and ensure alignment in achievements across teams
• Ensure cross-organisational collaboration and allocate the necessary resources to enable innovation, improvements and co-creation of value with our customers.
• Optimise your organization to be prepared for the future.
Maersk Drilling is working together with an external consultancy company that manages parts of the recruitment process.
For further information, please contact: .
|maersk.com||A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated transport and logistics company with multiple brands and is a global leader in container shipping and ports. Including a stand-alone Energy division, the company employs roughly 88,000 employees across operations in 130 countries.|