MITAS – International Graduate Programme – Petroleum/Reservoir engineering
|Are you about to graduate or have you recently graduated in Petroleum Engineering? Do you see a great career path in oil & gas? Are you internationally minded? Excellent opportunity for technically focused and ambitious engineers to join Maersk Oil’s 2 year international graduate entry programme MITAS: Maersk Oil's International Technology & Science Programme, with a home base in Copenhagen, with the intention to work in Algeria post-MITAS graduation. |
|We will challenge you! Through a two-year intensive training and working period you will acquire hands-on technical experience in the oil and gas industry. During the MITAS programme you will undertake three job rotations of eight months, in three different departments, in at least two of our international locations. You will be mentored and supervised by Senior Engineers and in-house experts. Each position will develop & challenge you and our international activities will provide excellent opportunities for working with colleagues from all over the world.|
The programme combines on the job training with technical courses and business skills development, all within the MITAS framework. Together with newly graduated engineers and geoscientists from other international Maersk business units you will participate in different courses such as:
• Innovation and Change Management
• Project Management
• Presentation Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Financial and Commercial Understanding
• Multicultural Understanding
You will be working in a dynamic as well as personally and professionally challenging environment, while being exposed to a broad field of assignments and projects in the oil and gas industry.
You will work in the Algeria team based in Maersk Oil’s Head Office in Copenhagen. Later the goal is for you to work in Algeria.
Read more on the MITAS programme at: www.discovermitas.com
- Perform production monitoring and recommend optimization, at well, region and field levels
- Stay on top of the development and operation status of the fields, as well as the reasons for the reservoir management choices recommended by the operator
- Review and influence Field Development Plans
- Participate in Technical Committee meetings with partners and in meetings with technical experts from the authorities
- Identify technical opportunities and carry out the assessments to conclude on their viability
- Contribute to building the knowledge of our existing fields
- Contribute in the business planning cycle exercises in what relates to Reserves and production forecasts
|Who we are looking for|
|You are about to graduate or have recently graduated with a (Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.) within Petroleum Engineering. |
You can demonstrate the following attributes:
• Strong technical focus and drive.
• Appreciate working independently in cross disciplinary and international teams.
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic & hard working.
• Willingness to learn, listen and ask questions.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
• Fluent French would be an advantage.
• Internationally minded.
• Willingness to adapt to different & challenging environments.
• Humble enough to appreciate that there is a lot to learn at the start of your career.
You can also demonstrate a strong desire to work in the Oil & Gas industry and have solid reasons for choosing Copenhagen as a home base.
Please highlight why you are specifically interested in working on projects related to Algeria.
Start dates in May or September 2015 dependent on departmental needs and graduate availability.
|>||Last application date: 12 March 2015.|
|maerskoil.com||Maersk Oil Algeria is our subsidiary in charge of all our E&P activities in Algeria, with offices located both in Copenhagen and in Algeria.|
Maersk Oil has been in Algeria for twenty-five years, and was one of the first IOCs into the market. In partnership with Sonatrach and other IOCs, we helped to play a leading role in unlocking the potential of the Berkine basin. Over the past 25 years, investment from all partners, has generated almost 2bn barrels of production.
As a global business, Maersk Oil’s growth strategy is to invest where we have either significant technical strengths or specific market knowledge. With twenty-five years of local experience, and opportunities to leverage our deep technical expertise in complex reservoirs, we have identified Algeria as a critical growth market.
We are positioning for growth in Algeria. Our ambition is to play a bigger role through partnership and cooperation in the oil and gas industry creating even greater value for Algeria.
| ||Maersk Oil is an international oil and gas company with a 2016 entitlement production of 313,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Our production comes from Denmark, the UK, Norway, Algeria, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Kazakhstan, and the US Gulf of Mexico. Exploration or development activities are on-going in Angola, Kenya, Brazil and in the producing countries. Turning complex and challenging fields into commercial successes has been the cornerstone of Maersk Oil business since 1962. Maersk Oil focuses on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to continue to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. For more information about Maersk Oil, please visit the website at www.maerskoil.com|